The Dutch to Nintronics roadtrip

I was looking for an 272/250dr. In the Netherlands and around it was not available now.
So after looking on the internet i came on Nintronics.
And saterday morning 10:30 Dutch time, I called Roger from Nintronics and say “he lets do crazy I come by today can you stay a little bit longer open?”
He says “Let’s be crazy”.
So leaving 11:30am Dutch time and after driving an sail for some time.
We where at 7:40pm at Nintronics.
Listen to a 272/250dr and a 272/300.
Well with 3 boxes in the car we where leaving.
This morning 6:30am Dutch time where back and now playing wonderfull.
Thank you Roger and Adam for staying that long on your saterday.
Big hugs to your wife’s that were getting angry. Hahaha.
Nice experience and al the things we do for our Naim love.

25 Likes

Welcome to wonderful world of the 272, it’s an excellent pre amp. Happy listening. :+1:

2 Likes

Great story and pictures👍

1 Like

Nice story! And good to see more 272 lovers in The Netherlands :wink:

What speakers are you using?

2 Likes

Tannoy Defenition D500

I recently met those 2 gentlemen in relation to the possible purchase of a Naim hifi unit, and they were extremely helpful and went the extra mile for me too.

There was an amazing looking pair of JBL Everest speakers in the listening rooms area (which unfortunately I didn’t have time to listen to).

I also had a chat about Naim speakers with Terry Ellis of YouTube’s hifi channel, Pursuit Perfect System, who happened to be in that dealership at the same time.

1 Like

As well as being very friendly and helpful on the phone, the same company has impressed me with their readiness to send equipment by post to audition and return, though I have had to pay the full cost upfront effectively as a deposit (which I don’t think is unreasonable, after all they don’t even know me). The only net cost to me upon return was my postage costs for the return, the cost of the demo unit and outward postage returned in full if purchase not made. If I lived in reasonable travelling distance I’d certainly consider as a dealer to visit.

1 Like

Great story and service

1 Like

+1
Nice when you do things on the spur of the moment!!

1 Like

I’ve dealt with Nintronics and would like to add this wave of goodwill. They’re good guys, I enjoyed dealing with them.

1 Like

Same here, great service from the folks at Nintronics :+1:

1 Like

Awesome pictures! and wonderful story…

1 Like

Congratulations!

And the next task only involves a short trip to your local DIY store — hole saw so that the burndy cables hang nicely on that floating shelf of yours… :joy:

2 Likes

I cannot speak highly enough of Nintronics I bought my system from them :blush:

1 Like

Great guys at Nintronics and Roger is a good friend.:+1:t4:

1 Like

Great story, a Naim road trip. I had a visit to them before Xmas and bought a Naim streamer - I was similarly impressed with their generous, intelligent and warm vibe.

1 Like

You have the same set up as me and I too brought it from Nintronics. Roger and his team are great guys. I live in Bristol, which is a long way from Nintronics but they have been great. Roger even hand delivered one of my boxes initially to my house, making a detour on his way to a friend in Bristol.

3 Likes

I had exactly the same experience with them. I think it was a 555DR and Roger dropped it off (I’m in Bristol too) on his way to his friends house!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.