The Forum Album of the Year 2020 - The Poll

Behave.

6 of those albums do not appear in the top 50 of any major music publication in Europe or the USA.

The Third Mind.

1 Like

Myself, only have one mind. Charles Lloyd, 8 Kindred Spirits. Unfortunately, not on the list!:pensive:

1 Like

Yeah, where is Giuliani when you need him!:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

…Yes! I agree, the right man for the job… if anyone can make any sense of it he is the man.

1 Like

That Charles Lloyd is excellent. I have the box set.

1 Like

Seconded, absolute gem.

2 Likes

That is true but this forum is not a major music publication (obviously). I opened a thread a few weeks ago on best album of the year and after 300+ posts, these 10 turned out to be the most popular. We have an, ahem, slightly older demographic than that targeted by some music publications. Guardian is currently running a countdown of top 50 albums and now at number 9. TBH I haven’t heard of majority of albums let alone heard them and liked them (and that as a regular 6Music listener - v cutting edge right?). As I said, it is meant to be a bit of fun and nothing more

10 Likes

Agree, and we all need a bit of that at this moment!

2 Likes

You’re doing a grand job. Ignore the usual jobsworths and naysayers.

4 Likes

No Frank Sinatra?

Sorry - no

1 Like

Thanks for the listening list! I shall consider my vote carefully. Great idea by the way…

3 Likes

I had to think a lot to all my listening of this year, so I’ve lost the chance to candidate Suzanne Vegas “An Evening of New York Songs and Stories”, not just for the songs but for the complete subject of this concert. With a wonderful version of Walking on the wild side.
423_8cfa74e944f28cec_1920box

I will vote something in the list that I have appreciated anyway.
Thank you.

5 Likes

I will listen to them and then vote. Only heard the Bowie one which I enjoyed. I would be very suprised if I vote for Nick Cave one but you never know.
Thanks for the chance to vote and expand my listening Crispy Duck much appreciated here.

3 Likes

No-one has polled for a few days now so I have closed the poll. The grand winner of this poll for album of the year is…Idiot Prayer by Nick Cave! :clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

I just ordered the CD, it arrived this morning, I slid it into the UServe, and it spat it out without ripping.

Are you sure it’s as good as you lot say?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.