The Grand Cafe

Very nice Bjorn. Nice to have keepsakes like that with some fond meaning to them.

1 Like

When does daylight savings start in the UK? We’re still on summer time.

1 Like

We are on it today, clocks went forward last night.

1 Like

They start early to try and capture the one week of summer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

But it works………only a fine drizzle of rain today😂

2 Likes

If it is looks like a cable thread, behaves like a cable thread and is even called ‘speaker cable’, it probably is a cable thread:

What a day!

Glad you enjoyed it… back to work tomorrow.

1 Like

Updated my “Naim gear” spreadsheet yesterday after watching some local auctions of gear. It’s a bit scary how the spend adds up, over 10 years in my case, and the loss made on selling older gear as one upgrades. I actually came away from the process quite frustrated, although I have lovely gear. I guess it’s a case of seeing the value over the cost, assuming it’s affordable within the overall vortex of balance in life :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You’re braver than me I’ve never wanted to consider the financial outlay especially now. The only thing I know that my last 3 major upgrades have cost around $40k.

NDX2/525/Fraim $25k, Core $5k and speakers $10k. That’s only the last 3 years.

I forgot my DAC-V1 $2k.

It’s scary. That’s more than I spent on my Suzuki Jimny. :grin:

3 Likes

That seems cheap if new, it includes the 252 and SC :flushed:

@Pete_the_painter

It’s definitely so scary for sure

I reckon over the last 20 years I would be in the $200k + mark

Not so bad when you take out 2 turntables totalling say $100k which includes power supplies , phonos etc

Oh well but what enjoyment

Better than cars I reckon

3 Likes

There were trade ins that were worth something those days.

1 Like

I’d be scared to go back that far. I can’t even remember what my first outlay was. I do know it took me just over a year to payback.

1 Like

Also it looks cheap cause you’ve been buying 500 series. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve kept most of my invoices but not really game to add them up :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

Yep most of the 500 series was Harry’s ex demos from memory so that helped

1 Like

I’ve not only hidden them from me but also the other half. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Buggered if I know what I’ll do if I eventually live in one place :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

You’ve got spare rooms.

Send your best LP12 back home :sunglasses: