The Grand Cafe

My fat fingers accidentally deleted the post.

3 Likes

Packing the dishwasher is a one person job, and should never be attempted by two or more. Discussā€¦

4 Likes

My father once said when I was still living at my parents: mum packed the dishwasher in 15 minutes, I gave her advice how to do it better, now I do it in 6 minutes.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve changed my central heating system from ā€˜comfortā€™ modus to ā€˜ecoā€™ modus. This way, it does take a bit longer to get warm water, but saves Euro 200 a year with current gas prices.

The way energy prices are going we meat all buying more blankets and huddling in the one bed to keep warm. Think I might of said it before but I think weā€™re been taken for mugs.

We had a ā€œNationwide Grid Emergencyā€ at 8am and itā€™s only the second day of winter. Apparently it means demand is exceeding supply and hot water switches are shut down, and if there is any faults in generation, then they roll out power shut downs across the country. They have just lifted it at 9:30, saying it was a close call.

Just as well weā€™re adding all those EVs to the grid :flushed:

Might need a battery with the solar after all, as the solar goes of in a power cut.

3 Likes

We had that 2 weeks ago thankfully we werenā€™t subject to rolling blackouts as they predicted. The increases in cost for energy is just going in the pockets of the already super rich, itā€™s not costing them more to produce itā€™s just margin.

Think itā€™s time to nationalise energy these corporations canā€™t be trusted.

4 Likes

Just pumping the 250 to see when it can lose steam and a bit of cohesion. Damn, I canā€™t even get it to run hot and it holds up pretty loud. Not sure Iā€™d ever need the fans on the 300! Would really need a bigger room and speakers I think. If I end up with a bigger room later in life, Iā€™d be looking at the Totem Winds which I heard the other day. A 300 up them would be fun :sunglasses:

Iā€™m definitely not going there, however I did say that about a turntable too.

1 Like

Took my staff out for lunch today as they will all finish up at the end of the month. 3 less things Iā€™ll need to worry about. Now out with our eldest son having a drink celebrating the plans for Gloucester finally being submitted to council today.

1 Like

Oh I thought they had already gone in to Council

So did I but Iā€™d just got confirmation this morning.

Just how many times have you celebrated their submission?

This is a wrapped apple. My wife has started wrapping everything since that gives her the feeling that she does it better.

1 Like

As many as possible :rofl::rofl:

Theyā€™ve been on country time.

I trust you gave them all a huge farewell bonus :crazy_face::+1:

Cash and salary bonus plus full redundancy payout, we wouldnā€™t have been as successful as we have been without them.

7 Likes

Think I might have said it before getting use to country time has been a bit of a struggle but thereā€™s something nice about it as well.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s very nice and ethical of you.

2 Likes