The Grand Cafe

It’s a bit quiet on here without Pete, don’t realise how much trouble he causes😂

3 Likes

He can’t stop posting :crazy_face::crazy_face:

It’s a wonder Mrs Pete hasn’t brought him into line after all these years

See what I can do but bit of a lost cause I’m thinking :weary::weary:

2 Likes

Now the owner is absent we could drink the Grand Cafe dry free of charge.

3 Likes

I doubt he left anything for us to drink… :joy:

1 Like

Did you go ND5 XS2 with your nDAC, or go full hog with the NDX2 then?

Full hog NDX2 and use with XPS-2

Will continue to use the nDAC with CD5XS

Harry and I will do SQ test re CD5XS straight into NDX2 vs CD5XS/nDAC

If better will use nDAC with Core down south

Glad I waited a year for the NDX2 , almost pushed the button 12 months ago :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Well done young man, very well done. I’m sure you will love it. The NDX2 is still the jewel in my system.

2 Likes

Well yes I’m sure I will enjoy it Mike

If and when a replacement comes through I’m thinking it will be somewhere in the vicinity of $15k-$20k which I couldn’t justify just getting into streaming

I’m a happy Chappy - should arrive sometime later next week but away down south next weekend so couple of weeks away for listening

1 Like

Lucky fellow. I can’t afford one - The Atom HE is great though.

1 Like

Discounted by 30% here in Australia Ardbeg

Just had to snap it up - will last me years

1 Like

Certainly. Still the same streaming platform in the 222 which is a kind of guaranty for many years to come.

Just go with it …

2 Likes

Oi … wait a minute … don’t I remember an earlier ‘you falling down the back steps event’ from a while ago? Maybe time to replace them with a ramp or something that old gits can manage …

1 Like

Yeah, laying on the carpet for long periods isn’t good for the hips either.

2 Likes

Wife mentioned bad flooding in New Zealand on our news, hope you and family are safe🤞🏽

2 Likes

The film coverage looked pretty devastating for those impacted. Reported to be 240mm of rain in Aukland, or equivalent to 10 inches here in the US, during a 24 hour period. Hope all of the New Zealand members are staying safe and sound and have not had a unfavorable impact from this storm.

2 Likes

We missed the worse of this particular storm thanks Gazza, we “only” had 110mm in this storm, but have had 340mm this month and we are now back to waterlogged ground, so any further storms will be an issue. And, yes, heavy rain is forecast again….

It’s been a miserable spell of weather, November was the wettest on record here in Whangarei (367mm), we had one dry week in December (Christmas to New Year thankfully), and now 340mm already in January. I’ll likely need to pack up the games room tonight in case it flood again with heavy rain forecast tonight.

The situation in Auckland was pretty bad, with much more impact due to the higher population and density of development, so it features more in the news. The road to the north has been badly hit and we were cut off for a few days, but that is slowly improving. It’s the Auckalnd and Northland anniversary weekend, and a lot of traveler’s where trapped mid journey between Auckland and Whangarei when the roads were closed each end. Our infrastructure is sorely lacking, which as a Civil Engineer I find pretty disappointing.

Anyway, upwards and onwards.

4 Likes

I was a bit worried if you have any land slip issues in your area, but glad you are all safe.

1 Like

Jeez Mike, sorry to hear about all the excess rain you guys are getting. Man, half a billion people in the world don’t have clean, or any, water to drink, and you’re getting washed away. Very odd.
I would normally say ‘funny ol’ world’, but there’s nothing funny about it.
Hope the next rains are lighter …

A heavy rain warning has been issued for tonight: 120 to 200mm….

1 Like