The Grand Cafe

The mould will kill you quicker than the spider. :rofl:

2 Likes

Fascinating. Thank you for this Pete.
Nice to read that they are relatively harmless to humans, but sad to read that though they have only just been discovered they are already considered endangeredđŸ«€

1 Like

That’s modern man for you. However thing is if they’re classified as endangered things kick into place to help protect them. Their actual location will probably be protected, a few years ago they discovered a prehistoric pine in the bush about 100ks from Sydney. The exact whereabouts is still not published.

3 Likes

I just got the same question 3 times whilst trying to clarify something.

Some people are so stupid that I don’t understand it.

Sorry, but I personally wouldn’t miss it if it was gone. Never been a big spider fan. I like snakes and things that others don’t, but even over here spiders can be very poisonous and they can end up in your house and garage and car, where snakes just don’t go. (Here, anyway).

I’m not big on spiders either (like you prefer snakes and lizards) but I think it’d be a shame to lose another species.

Yes, I suppose we have killed off a lot of other species. I wouldn’t mind a pet lizard but they can be a chore to feed apparently. (We don’t nave them running around kver here).

We have them everywhere all different types and sizes. Our favourite is the blue tongue, they’re great at cleaning out snails and slugs from the garden.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s very cool. My wife likes lizards as well so we’d get on well there. I guess you just have to get to know which snakes to avoid.

You soon learn :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I wonder if that black soil near Bundaberg is what gives the Sarsaparilla such a nice taste?

1 Like

I haven’t had a bottle of that for years use to love it.

1 Like

And some require training to be unhelpful.

1 Like

Had a big weekend planned with 2 nights at the Royal Motor Club lunch at the members at the SCG before the Swans game. Also had a tour of a sub with a guy that served on it. Unfortunately I won’t be going to anything anywhere as I’ve just tested positive. Makes sense as I’ve been really unwell all week.

1 Like

Thats a shame

hope you get better soon.

2 Likes

Bummer man!
I hope you have a speedy recovery Pete.

2 Likes

You’re having a rough time lately. Get well soon :heart:

2 Likes

Bummer, get well soon Pete.

2 Likes

Hope you get better soon ,

Ian

1 Like

Man, that really sucks! That was great weekend you had arranged. What a pisser.
I hope the the Covid doesn’t hit you too hard. Best of luck.

1 Like