The Grand Cafe

It would probably have to be an all-ticket meeting/event :sunglasses:

1 Like

Managed to start the commission work today, itā€™s on a smaller canvas than I wouldā€™ve liked. This just the under painting to work out composition and tone.

6 Likes

Looks great just like that :+1:. Does it sit behind the main canvas ?

1 Like

No thatā€™s canvas, they want it to sit between 2 windows. Ideally itā€™d be on a canvas at least twice the size. Painting a large vista on a small canvas is definitely a challenge (for me anyway).

2 Likes

Looking good from the outsetšŸ‘šŸ¼
What size is the canvas?
What medium are you working in, Oil or Acrylic?

Cheers.

Acrylic canvas is 610 x 762mm

1 Like

Excited to see the finished piece nowā€¦
(Impatient, I know):joy:

1 Like

Is it finished yet? Whatā€™s taking so long?

1 Like

Dinner and couple of glasses of wine. Iā€™m at home and will need to finish it in the studio next week.

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Trip all booked and paid for. Look out England Iā€™m on my way. :grin:

4 Likes

How many days are you doing at Lords?

One, and thereā€™s bets here that it will be raining. :scream:

2 Likes

:rofl:

Its quite dry here,ā€¦ā€¦we need some rainā€¦ā€¦.u need a pac a Mac and get the hotel to do a packed lunch with cheese and pickle sarnies, a tea towel for your head just in case the sun comes outā€¦ā€¦UV high in June.:grin:

4 Likes

@Bevo got our first estimate yesterday, Iā€™m still recovering. 30% above my already increased budget. Having to rethink our build strategies how and what we build it out of. Pretty sure we can come in on budget but itā€™s going to be harder than I thought.

You may have to cancel your Uk trip ha :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

Yep building costs through the roof - nuts

1 Like

Builder has good easy access to site Pete ?

Reasonable we have access to one side of the building. We are going to need to shutdown the street a couple of times.

My PM thinks we can still come in on budget. Canā€™t cancel the trip, itā€™ll be the only break I get now until we finish the building.

1 Like

Youā€™re optimistic it will be finished by that time !!!

Will you have to modify plans/ cut down building space to meet budget ?