The Haircut That Time Forgot

Talking of perms do you think they did the football ‘pools’ too? :wink:

1 Like

You are displaying a worryingly detailed knowledge of the subject!

1 Like

Me too with the help of my other half I use a set of Wah professional clippers.

1 Like

A good friend of mine seems to have been going through old photos in the last couple of days judging by my WhatsApp group with her and another friend, here is Eoink mid-late ‘90s judging by the mobile phone. Not quite a mullet, but very close. This snap reminds me why I was regularly stopped by the Met late at night in those days.

7 Likes

What can I say? The world is a strange and enchanting place.

Good to see you’re enjoying a wine, I couldn’t see that decanter anywhere though. :grin:

2 Likes

If you were wandering about in possession of a mullet, I believe that the Met may well have been convinced that you were engaged in conduct that was likely to result in a breach of the peace. I never practised criminal law, but I think that even I might have been able to persuade a stipendiary magistrate to issue a warrant on that basis.

Honest, Your Honour!

1 Like

He’s polished off the large glass in the front of shot, and the one in his hand is almost empty, so most pubs would tell you that he’s sucked down two-thirds of a bottle, which puts him ahead in the game!

2 Likes

Judging by the glint in his eyes I’d say that’s probably the second bottle anyway. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think that’s more Brian Eno than mullet. Much cooler!

3 Likes

What we need to establish now is what was in the bottle. Easy to assume that it’s wine, but it could be that dreadful moonshine stuff that makes you go blind (although no evidence of a white stick in shot).

1 Like

That’s the lean back pose.
You should put that on the cover for your next album

1 Like

When I had a mullet. I thought it would make me attractive to the young ladies.
Here’s me sporting a hippy head full to try and impress them.

3 Likes

Haha. Been there. My last cut was that. I’ve got nothing but whisps up top so tend to try and keep it all cropped to 4mm. Mrs. FZ hates that though and would rather I walk around like Wurzel Gummage. After the 1mm setting incident, I’ve been “forbidden” to cut my hair.

1 Like

I’m generally ok with a 6-9mm cut for 10-14 days then all the growth just goes haywire in different directions. The Worsel Gummidge description is not far off after that! If I leave it any longer I start looking like PMG from Starsky and Hutch, and with another cut I revert to an Alexi Sayle double.

I go the baby bird tuft feather look if I leave it too long between clipping what’s left on my head.

1 Like

…but you’re no duck and will turn into a swan in a few months :joy:

You don’t tell us what happened.

Was there - as we’d all like to hear - a stampede of young ladies, tearing off their smalls, trying to get at you?

1 Like

Take a wild guess!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.