The latest iOS app release 5.12 missing favourites bug

You’re right, they are stored in the Uniti, and accessing them via the remote works fine.

Restarting the app in iOS is just force quitting (double tap home button, and swipe the app up off the screen), and then launching it again. At this point it reads the favourite presets from the Uniti (until the next time that it fails).

@Mike-B and I are part of the Beta-testing - didn’t see the ‘disappearing’ presets during the extensive tests over last weeks. I just saw that @Mike-B reported this issue to the developers.
Will update this thread once we have some more details.

Adam

Yes Adam, we didn’t see it, maybe better said we don’t have it.
This looks like its a Uniti (Atom,Star,Nova) specific glitch.

Is that another way of saying there are no Uniti beta testers or that they didn’t pick it up which would be a little worrying?

1 Like

I have a ND555 and when the App was updated this morning and I opened it, the Radio Favourites switch had disappeared. Closing theApp and reopening it, it then reappeared and has stayed there since…

Just had a notification that Naim are on the case, they’ve replicated the problem & looking for the solution.

1 Like

Great to hear, thanks.

I have the same or a simmilar problem with the iOS app using my Muso Qb. The app connects to the muso but I can’t cotrol it. whatever I click it is not responding. I have tried everything, restarting, reconnecting the muso, restarting, reconnecting my iPhone, reinstalling the naim app. Then I saw an update to the naim app and thought it would solve the problem but it didn’t. I still can’t control my muso.
this is a very annoying problem since I’m stuck with only my fauvorites stations on the muso it self, and have no control over USB, network and anything else. My setup: iPhone X iOS 12.2, naim app 5.12, muso Qb 1.8.0.0.
beside this problem I also have a problem with the iTunner app since it is not showing all stations for any of European countries.
P.S.: naim app is working with android.

Installed 5.12.1 earlier as it had appeared on the apple store and it still has the bug where favourites don’t show until the app is restarted (on my Nova).

Any idea what the improvements this version does bring ?

Just updated and there is absolutely no improvement whatsoever.

Yeah, no fix for this issue as far as I can see.

Perhaps it works fine with the upcoming firmware update?

Just been using Spotify on the App.

Then decided to listen to some tunes on a MacMini via Airplay, and using Apple remote, it would not switch over to Airplay.

Same problem also on iPad, iPhone with ND5 xs2. Just close app and reopen and radio list appears!

Now just found that the touch panel is not responsive at all on my main Muso.

Did a power cycle and still the same.

I will never understand how most software updates nowadays, actually make things worse.

Apple, Naim, Windows etc etc etc.

Having a problem with app finding then losing my muso. It starts playing Tidal or Servers then disappears from the app. Cannot connect through Bluetooth from iPhone or iPad although my son’s phone with no app installed can connect through Airplay.
Have a NDX2 on the same router which performs perfectly.
Very frustrating - reinstalled app rebooted router and MuSo but no improvement. Anyone else having problems?

In order not to have any problems with Land Rover touch pro pro I blocked the IOS update of my iPhone. The companies then delay the adjustment and the consequent updates

Just noticed that after installing IOS App 5.12.1 on IPad, only folder view of Albums / Artists etc . is available. The other options have gone. eg the list option. I liked having a choice. Is this a planned update (!) or a cockup? ( I have Nova and Unitiserve).

No - it is not an intended behaviour.

Please shut down the app (by swiping it off).
Then re-start both devices and once they are up - restart the app.

Mind you - the above should not be needed at all and never happened to me. So I suspect some of the network configs may be creating a conflict.

Thanks Adam. I tried the restart but still the same. By the way no list option on Internet Radio either.
Is it worth trying a restart on my router or is Naim support my next stop? Thanks

Dave