The Naim app is so janky

Same here. Well, I don’t have feature/UI issues any more because I stopped using it …

Thanks for explaining. What 3rd party router do you recommend?

The one you don’t have, because when you buy another router and it still does not work you will still be told the same thing - your fault, your router’s fault, the fault of the other stuff that works OK :wink:

That said, good routers help. I have a Fritzbox, considered a good consumer router by the whole industry, and I have used several models over decades with never any problem. So I would recommend one any time, but guess what, when I had the mentioned Naim issues, the first thing certain people pulled out of the bag was “must be your Fritzbox”.

Dan, are you in touch with Naim support about this issue directly?

There may be logs they can get to look at your case specifically.

2 Likes

You may have posted answers/comments already but:

Which platform are you using for the app?

Did it used to work before, and if it went bad, when?

Can you access/see the NAS/NDS from a computer still?

Are the NAS and NDS both connected to the switch?

Have you had the Cisco long?

Just wondering if the switch might be implementing a separate subnet which might prevent the NAS and NDS being seen if connected to it. Never had a Cisco switch but this might be possible. Some cheap switches are pretty much plug and go, others can be managed in software to implement specifc settings/features.

2 Likes

Yes, I contacted them 10 days ago. Have a ticket number.

1 Like

Just connected NDS and Zoneripper direct to router. All working now by bypassing the Cisco 2960 switch!

1 Like

Hi @Dan_M, Could you give me your support number please. Also, just to speed things up, could you run a network scan from the app help page (Rooms>?, scroll down and select ‘Network Scan’ using your support number as an id. Stand where you would typically use the app. I’ll see if we can move things along.
Thanks, Tom

2 Likes

Brilliant!

Now we need a forum Cisco user to guide you to set it up to work in harmony!

1 Like

A result !!! :smiley: - bad Cisco or in need of a reset.
That’s networks for ya, ta, you just can’t trust the little bu##ers.

2 Likes

Hi @tomvamos. It’s 107023. Tried network scan and it is says unable to perform scan.

1 Like

At least it’s bloody well working now! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks @Alley_Cat. Looks like we found the culprit. Will monitor situation but hopefully now solved!

3 Likes

Yes, I can see the you tried a couple of times and they were both incomplete. The first one looks sufficiently extensive though. I’ll hook it in to your ticket for the Support chaps to look at on Monday (I’m not in Support but can ‘nudge’).
However, it looks like you’ve had a breakthrough, which is great news.

3 Likes

Many thanks. All working well now so fingers crossed problem solved!

1 Like

Many thanks to everyone who has offered advice and support. Much appreciated. I’m sure many of us know what it’s like when things are not working properly when you love your system it is very frustrating!

The Improvements are short lived. Lol. Back to square 1. The Naim App is no longer connecting to the Zoneripper NAS drive properly and I can’t navigate the stored CD files from the app!

1 Like

I’d suggest powering down/restarting the NAS and NDS if you’ve changed their network connections, router too for good measure.

May or may not help, but worth a shot.

1 Like

I would power cycle the router as well & be sure to restart that before restarting the NAS & NDS

1 Like

All done and working again. Let’s see how long this works!

1 Like