The Naim App - yet again

Yes, the last firmware update was February, but it does not change any network discovery software.
This problem seems to be something associated to iPad Bluetooth

1 Like

Thanks for this feedback … I should check the setup carefully.

1 Like

Is your Airport connected over Erthernet or WiFi? The correct configuration is different depending on which connection type you use.
(I expect you probably know what to do as well as I do, but it’s worth making sure that it’s correct.)

Ethernet with only ‘fair’ connection.
I’m going through it’s setup now. …. There are now 3 messages I should checkout. Ah apparently there is no DNS server associated with it.
Replaced it with another AirPort Extreme tower as the original beast seems to given up the ghost. Connection now ‘excellent’.

1 Like

I have the same problem relentlessly with my QB2 on WiFi. The ND Streamer is better but loses connection to the Melco which is hardwired directly to the streamer every couple of songs and then I have to wait for a minute or more to see the server again. This is mad frustrating. My connection is BT Fibre and the streamer is hardwired. Every other item on the network works fine, no problems. BT have fault tested the connection for me. No issues.

The app needs some serious work imo as it is not robust.

I’ve been getting intermittent loss of the room issues since the 4.8 update. It’s frustrating and requires I recycle power on the streamer to get the room to come back.

Once again thanks guys, in answer to a question I’m hard wired. I’ve switched off the Qb, unplugged, switched off the router, switched back, plugged the Qb back in and the App couldn’t find it. As a last resort did a reset and camboon it works.

Volume slider still does not work with the 272

2 Likes

Oh yes sometimes get that as well!

I’ve just had the finding device problem with the app on both android and I-phone. There were two possible changes. The app may have updated itself or a small change to the routers dns servers may have affected it.

I reversed the dns server changes but that alone did not fix it. I then updated the app which seems to have changed to a different version which looks slightly different. Still didn’t fix it so I then used the reset switch on the Muso QB and that didn’t fix it. Finally I used the app to install it as a new device which did a full reset and I lost my settings such as favourites but it is all working now.

I will test the DNS server change again to see if it was responsible for the problem and then I’ll report back.

Following up previous post I have now put back the DNS server changes on the router and everything is still working … so far!
I changed the primary DNS server to 1.1.1.1 from googles 8.8.8.8 because browser response to new names had slowed down. You could measure the delay in seconds but only for an address which had not been recently used. 1.1.1.1 brought response back to instantaneous.

I have BT with the extension discs. I have a hardwired NDX2 and a wireless QB. So I’m well placed to test this stuff.

The NDX2 is always visible in the app. But the QB is rarely there when I start the app.

While the QB is invisible to the app it will still play music. Pressing play on the device will start the last song that was playing.So it’s not the QB.

So the issue seems to be the app finding the QB on the network.

Sometimes I restart the app but mostly I just wait and after a minute or so it will appear. I’ve tried resetting the QB which works for a short time.

Ultimately the app and wireless devices seem to take a while to find each other. Nothing I’ve done so far has helped this.

Hi @Matthewjb, I have a similar setup and the same problem.
With my set up it appears it’s having problems with discovery (bonjour) It does get is established but also in the background it’s loosing and reconnecting.

Yesterday I did the following and it ran without problems all day.
…. Power cycled BT Smarthub, BT Whole Home Disc (extender) & NDX.
Cleared RAM & forced an iPad restart.
Deleted the old iPad IP address & let router DHCP select a new IP address.

1 Like

No doubt rebooting all the devices is sensible anyway.

I just started the app. Nothing at all visible. Restarted and all devices can be seen.

1 Like

This is exactly the same problem I have. Same setup as in 1x hardwired classic streamer and 1x QB2.

The most frustrating thing is that the App loses sight of things while playing. The amounts of minutes I have to wait to do anything is mounting up…

@Steve , try my experiment to fix what sounds like the same/similar problem.
The theory is IP address can clash

…. Power cycled BT Smarthub, BT Whole Home Disc (extender) & NDX.
Cleared RAM & forced an iPad restart.
Deleted the old iPad IP address & let router DHCP select a new IP address.

It is very consoling not to be the only one with these problems. It all started for me too after I updated everything to fix the Tidal problem. The most frustrating thing with my nd5xs is that some days, on the umpteenth try, sometimes it works. Sometimes it works well, most of the time poorly. After days of futile attempts I turned everything off (router, iPad, streamer and portable phone) turned everything back on without connecting the phone to the network and now (I emphasize now) it works. How long will it last?

Ah…easy. Only one track.

Here the streamer versione is null. Sometimes it seems to be 4.8. When it is null the streamer never works. The times it is 4.8 rarely, but it happens, it works

I would try running the 4.8 update again and see if that helps.