The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

Also, it’s almost impossible to find a sofa at a live gig.

8 Likes

My son managed it at The Junction in Cambridge when we took him aged 15 to a Joe Bonamassa gig there.
Not only did he find a sofa, but he found two gorgeous 20 something blondes to go with it!
Chip off the old block:rofl:

4 Likes

Hi @mook ,

That will be fine as one amp is HF L&R and one LF L&R. I’d try the NC 250 on the HF and the 250DR on the LF.

1 Like

I was at the Police reunion gig at Manchester Arena a few years back and Sting shouted at all of us at the back of the arena to get off our backsides. Git.

3 Likes

Hi @thierry931,

Welcome to the forum!

The mains ground connects via the Burndy cables from the NPX 300 to the NSC 222.

Below shows a photo inside the 222 where the Burndy wires come in. The black wi-fi aerial points towards the mains chassis earth connection.

12 Likes

Pawn shop jazz live recording in Gamla Stan Stockholm is a good example.
Venue is everything in getting good live sound

:grinning:

(not me but I do go every year - Glastonbury)

16 Likes

Now THATs what I’m talking about :joy:

1 Like

And a little further down the road around the corner is the good

11 Likes

Looking around, a 52/Scap runs to about £4,000-£4,5000, and a pair of 135s starts at about £2,000. I’ve had my 135s for a third of a century and also have a 52 I picked up about 3 years ago, it’s a great value set and I’m sticking with it, but I think you’d struggle to get one for £5,700.

3 Likes

…and I’d still be without a streamer🤷🏻‍♂️

A very valid point. :grinning:

1 Like

Do those wires straighten up for inspection?

1 Like

Wow the young ones🤣

I went to Shepton Mallet once. The only time I saw echo and the bunnymen where he thought he was mister mojo rising performing the end by the doors. Highly entertaining laser show as well while standing in the rain. Also Joe Cocker who probably had one bottle of whisky too many. Steel pulse handsworth revolution. Ahhh those were the days up to ones knees in mud

2 Likes

I was thinking around £3500 for a 52/ps. But that might be optimistic. I revise my comment to “around a similar price to”. :+1:

Yep!

1 Like

Thank you for the reponse.

Maybe it’s already been answered above but why would you use 2 NPX 300 as an upgrade to power an NSC222 and how are they connected?

1 Like

Thank you - appreciated.

That is so true :+1:t2: