The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I have synergy I’m using Kudos cables with Kudos speakers. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Quite simple I have a Klimax LP 12
Naim don’t make speakers.
Choice is limited.

Hi @NoNaim
I can imagine that is a killer system. Very nicely balanced; I think those speakers will be a brilliant match. Glad you’re delighted with it.

Hi @1GiantLeap
Yes it is presently giving a lot of pleasure. I have decided to make one change, based on previous experience. I have ordered a pair of Witch Hat Morgana XLR cables. These are not the one’s currently on sale, due to changes in the wiring of the cable. :blush:

2 Likes

Without trolling ( apologies for that word !) through 4.7k posts, has anyway been able to compare the XPSDR PS against the new classic NPX300 PS ?

Using same source and amplification

One might assume it’s better overall but just wondering

Cheers

2 Likes

This is Steve Sells comment to that question @Bevo.

4 Likes

As per usual you’re on the ball

Love those 2 words “touch better”

Thanks Mike

1 Like

For those 2 words “touch better”

Here in Aussie $5.6k vs $13.5k

Mmmm :crazy_face::crazy_face:

2 Likes

If money is burning a hole in your pocket, look for a used 555DR. It would be perfect for your NDX2/252 system.

3 Likes

There won’t be a better time to get a new XPS DR, that’s for sure.

Big hole there at the moment but yes I reckon 555 PS is way to go for sure

I’m a patient man as I get older :+1:

3 Likes

Hi 110dB - Steve very nice to see your posts here :slight_smile:

I love SBLs too and I love speed and slam.

But sometimes I am confused, in my main active system (in profile) I use SL2 (which are majestic and big and detailed sounding), I have SBLs and IBLs in other systems.

But the SBLs and IBLs are super fast (especially active), IBLs are smaller scale but fun and amazing clarity, but SBLs while not as refined as the SL2 are amazing with really good bass etc.

Best, Devraj

1 Like

That’s interesting Dev. I did the dem years ago when the SL2s were first released. I preferred SBLs. The same result a few years later with Ovation 400s.

I am prepared to accept that the later Naim speakers could be better and my results are down to set up or run in issues. That said I have been a happy SBL user for nearly 35 years and have never looked back.

5 Likes

The NC Balanced Connections White Paper is still not listed on the Naim Audio website.

When I enquired with Naim, I was informed it needed to be edited and repaginated before going on the website.

1 Like

I was trying to avoid doing that… :thinking:

I could have posted a link to the TomTom site… But I have not done so…

Yes, please don’t post links to commercial sites here. Thanks.

1 Like

It’s a Naim Platinum Reseller and the White Paper we’re talking about (I’d assumed) but removed accordingly!

Yes I know, but please no direct links to Naim resellers here. Thanks.

Suggest the PR team get their ducks in a row then before distributing documents to the public domain! If it’s that contentious just ask the Reseller to remove it from their site perhaps.