The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

I know, obviously, they do Din to pseudo XLR and are about to do full fat XLR to full fat XLR. However, full fat XLR to pseudo XLR, I do not know. They usually reply promptly to enquiries. :blush:

1 Like

Good evening new classic followers!

Naim new classic NAP 250 webpage complaint
Last Saturday a complaint was posted on this forum thread. The post said that the NAP 250 webpage did not mention the NA009 power transistors. The post created quite a stir on this thread and another, causing distress for some. We took the suggestion on board and we hope this concludes the matter. We are all music lovers!

NA009

The NA009 power transistors were developed for the Statement power amplifier, they are our latest and greatest power transistors. Each batch of transistors is from a single wafer and is fully parameterised in a temperature controlled environment. Being from the same wafer makes them like genetic twins. These are then uniquely serial numbered. The parameters are fed into an algorithm and matched and sorted into groups for their respective products.

The NA009 power transistors were subsequently designed into the NAP250DR/300DR/500DR in 2015 along with the discrete regulator (DR) technology. The new classic 250 is no different in that respect and uses NA009 power transistors (and DR tech).

It was noted that the new classic NAP 250 brochure under the ā€˜key pointsā€™ section mentions NA009 power transistors. As do the press information packs (and dealer information packs).

Update
Marketing have kindly updated the 250 webpage to include the NA009. This has been live for 36 hours.

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/nap-250-2023

The new text has gone for translation for all webpage languages.
Below shows the before and after text:

Before:

After:

Thank you everyone for your understanding.
Best
Steve

46 Likes

I really donā€™t know how you manage without the proof readers on here. :grin:

4 Likes

Will there be a Supernait 5 in the new range?

What happened to the SN 4? I must of been off the forum for a few hourā€¦ :wink:

8 Likes

That bolt near the start of the word ā€˜Pre-amplifierā€™ isnā€™t done up tight! And I believe it does say designed and made in blighty!

1 Like

Itā€™s on a star washer for earthingā€¦

4 Likes

Naim never designate a product with 4.

Great to know they take such care, i take it you may own some of the new kit, or at least seen it!!

Apart from the very rare Naim NAM 402 speakers.

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

What about NACA4?

4 Likes

And Narcom 4

3 Likes

They then saw the light !!!

1 Like

Why, you canā€™t really believe that the new 250 itā€™s going to be better than a NAP500, can you?:thinking:

1 Like

It is the new messiah of hifi. :rofl:

2 Likes

No, itā€™s a very naughty boy!

8 Likes

I demoed the new 250,3 for a weekā€¦pretty goodā€¦

From memory,.imho, better than old 250.2, challenges the 300dr, however definitely not up to 500 levelā€¦surprise surpriseā€¦ :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

That is a shame since it is one of my favorite numbers! I hope they are not skipping the number four because of superstitions. That would be really sad considering it is 2023ā€¦

3 Likes

There will be no 2024 in Naim land seakayaker :crazy_face:

5 Likes