The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

You must be a Airbus A350 driver, which means you are smart. I agree with your reply. Absent a big pay bump amidst a forthcoming global recession (depression?) the New Classic separates range is out of my reach in the USA. Used 282/250DR maybe. New Classic Supernait 4 maybe.

2 Likes

Just purchased the new 250 to go with the 252/SupercapDR sounding very promising so far! Greater scale and grip like you mention and much fleeter of foot than the 250DR. Will be intersting how it breaks in.

6 Likes

That’s as may be, but you have to factor in the cost of a source for a fair comparison.

3 Likes

So are people saying they’d be happier paying IRO £13,700 for 4 old classic boxes (282, 250DR, HicapDR and ND5XS2) for a potentially inferior sounding system compared to the new 2 box 222 and 250? I’ve heard the new classic and it is that good in my humble.

3 Likes

Thank you for these comments Antz around your listening experience on the new classics

It’s very insightful, whilst I haven’t heard the gear yet I’m thinking your conclusions make complete sense and you have hit the mark in all areas

Cheers

1 Like

Goodness me - most of the current gear at our level now retailing at a discount of 35% , NDX2 at 30%

At least that is on the distributors retail outlet

My 252/SCDR/250DR going nowhere !

2 Likes

I know it’s a joke and you and I both know why.

Go figure 12 months ago most of it went up by about 10-20%. In your many years of buying Naim have you ever seen it bottom out like it is now. It didn’t when they went from Olive to the Classic the transition was managed much better.

4 Likes

Having naim gear since late 79 I have never seen anything like this at all

It’s so disappointing

5 Likes

Where are you looking? (Don’t post the actual web link, just the name).

Grab it!

Would like to know too, AudioT are still showing the same prices for the previous classic range.

Mark

1 Like

Just type in Naim, Addicted to Audio.

2 Likes

The point is that regardless of the falling prices our gear still sounds fantastic. It just makes upgrading almost impossible and kinda makes me think I’ve been ripped off. Not a great feeling and I’m sure I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

Their NZ is all full price….

Ah, Australia, missed that detail :roll_eyes:

Here their prices are falling quicker than crypto.

Gosh, I just had a look. I think if either of you want any last orders on classic stuff, you need to take the plunge now.

1 Like

I’d consider a 300 but my 250 would be lucky to be worth $3ks as a new one is almost half price.

Plus I need another Fraim level and new cables plus and plus. :grin:

1 Like

just wanted tp give my honest views on new Classics

when I got home played some of the same tracks on my system, hence my conclustions and comments

3 Likes

Thanks for the great review and your honest response. Cheers.

1 Like