The Naim New Classic range - Part 1

The logos have been white for a good number of years now, since the Statement and Unitis first appeared.

7 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

seen one web site quoting Ā£7,500 per unit ?? I am sure it will all come out in the wash

Ā£5,700ā€¦

3 Likes

I do like the look of the white and new system, my dealers demo arrived earlier

time for a demo at least

That didnā€™t work out too well for Airbus. Funnily enough 250 were sold.

I wouldnā€™t be surprised to see it is the only power supply available and works across all source/pre devices given the large amount of rationalisation here. I donā€™t think weā€™ll see a new NAP200 for instance.

1 Like

Lolsā€¦ And I worked on its enginesā€¦ :crazy_face:

1 Like

I like that there is a MM phono stage ā€¦

I remember suggesting that on the 272 replacement thread . Somehow I canā€™t see Naim paying me a royalty for the suggestion
Mutley

6 Likes

At a guess Iā€™m wondering if it hints that it could take the new 250 to near 300DR level or better?

1 Like

Euros?

The update in electronics hopefully giving an increase in sq.
Nice styling for the form factor.
Optical connections.
Separate standby transformer.

Dislikes
White dial and on/off switch rings.
No onboard Amazon capability.

I shanā€™t be rushing out to sell my Olive components.

I wonder why Naim developed, and have continued with, this ā€˜three-boxā€™ design shape?

But I hope that the new kit sounds good, as Iā€™m sure that it will.

8 Likes

Iā€™m not so sure that includes local VAT? Because listed prices in USD is 8999ā€¦ Not even Forex use that conversion rate :wink:

Will be heading down to my dealer for a listen and likely followed by getting a cash card out.

1 Like

I think the new range looks great!

2 Likes

So the NSC200 appears to have - a ladder volume potā€¦the circuitry takes up allot more than the original 272ā€¦maybe its betterā€¦that bodes wellā€¦
Like the look of the units - very neat, and even the 250 gets a power hike to 100w. The NPX300 appears to be a half way house between 555psdr and XPS2??? (correctme if I am wrong)ā€¦for me very positive :+1:

1 Like

The Naim Audio NSC 222, NAP 250 and NPX 300 are available to order now, with a suggested retail price of $8, 999 / Ā£5,700 / ā‚¬7,000 each. "

(from the Internet)

2 Likes

Published on US site;
NSC 222 ā€“ $8,999 USD / $11,999 CAD
NAP 250 ā€“ $8,999 USD / $11,999 CAD
NPX 300 ā€“ $8,999 USD / $11,999 CAD

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking it most likely hints that there will be a 300 range streamer (ndx2 replacement), pre(252 replacement) and a revamped 300. Makes sense to have a 200, 300 and 500 range moving forward.

Am I pushing the boundaries here? Or is it just obvious? (222, 555 add new here)

5 Likes