The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

No, just you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Switches on wall sockets for the HI FI :scream:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Both sounding very good, although didnt really connect with the music through the Falcons. I liked that Dynaudio setup with P8 though. Something to consider there :thinking:

1 Like

Yes people actually do plug their hifi into normal wall sockets as hard as it may be to believe ,

6 Likes

Same as Uniti Core, Atom HE, and the New Classic series, for example.

I use Atom HE as source with my Nait 50. I have set the listening volume on the Nait to an acceptable level and then do the final adjustment in Atom/ Naim app.
It may not be optimal, but very convenient.

The preamp and headamp inside the Atom is redundantof course so I could wish for a shoebox sized streamer.

I love the Nait, very enjoyable and lovely to own, even if it’s not up to my main setup soundwise.

S

1 Like

As you probably already know the best SQ would be to have the volume on the Atom at full then use the volume on the Nait 50 to set listening level.

Having said that I’d doubt you’d hear any difference either way.

1 Like

I believe the headphone amp in the Atom HE is the same as the Nait 50 - have you tried a comparison?

1 Like

I know it’s optimal to have Atom at full level, but as said, convenient and as you say, would I hear any difference and last, do I care :blush:

I have not compared the two headamps, they are the same. I would also try it with 222 and my main speakers, winteractivity.

S

1 Like

It is a bit odd but all the newest gear is set up the same. Even the ND555,NDX2 and ND5XS2.

I wonder if stand-by mode protects from lightning, etc or if you have to unplug every box.

1 Like

Standby mode won’t protect it from lightning. Unplugging is still the best approach (as it is with any electrical appliance) if you are concerned about lightning induced damage.

The ND5XS2 and NDX2 will just go straight onto the standby PSU when you first plug them in and like the NAIT 50, don’t really need an additional mains isolation switch. The ND555 (and NDX 2 when using an external PS such as the XPS2 / 555PS) can be fully turned on and off via the switch on the external PS.

1 Like

If you want to switch off each day consider this type of thing

WiFi Smart plugs that can be programmed. These are Nooie, other makes available.

1 Like

Whilst I’d be happy to connect a lamp or similar device via one of those for convenience purposes, i don’t think i’d be wanting to run my Naim, or other decent Hi-Fi kit, via one. You’ve got a little SMPS
inside each plug of an unknown quantity too.

4 Likes

JUST TO LET YOU KNOW what you certainly know : the nait50 phonopreamp is Stunning
This week end I switched my GAE on with a traditionnal Technics headshell which i mounted a Shure M95ED 40 years + Jico SAS boron stylus.
I was delighted by the sound : a black background, wide and deep soundstage, punchy sweet and warm 70ies sound

5 Likes

Come on - I meant switching into standby :smile:

Yes, first choice into wall sockets and if there are not enough wall sockets available then into Wilkinson Stores mains extension blocks.

Seriously?! :rofl:

1 Like

Definitely. Normal people do it that way.

1 Like

Well it’s up to you of course.

I wouldn’t recommend plugging a £2700 amp (or any other hifi components for that matter) into a cheap plug board. SQ will definitely suffer.

If you’re interested, check out the threads on plug boards etc. I started out with a WireWorld Matrix plug board and was amazed at the difference for a small investment.

2 Likes

Oh believe me, I’m not interested!

7 Likes