The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

With that awesome sugden gear why do you need anything else?

2 Likes

For my second system, probably for room next door (TBC).

Profile now updated.

And hidden!

1 Like

Apologies - now sorted!

2 Likes

Just curious as to whether owners are using the auto-standby functionality or just leaving their ’50 permanently on ?

I’ll try it for myself in due course, but was interested in others usage (or not) of this function.

Mine has been set to permanently on.

1 Like

Auto Standby here.

2 Likes

I ran it permanently on for a while, but it’s fully run in (I assume) after a couple of months ownership so it’s now set to auto standby.

1 Like

Today some comparison between Nait1, NAP120+NAC22, Nait50. All are really good and are sonically different. Listening Metal (like Judas Priest) on Nait1 or 120 doesn’t sound good, but NAIT50 is perfect for doing this task. Listening Voice and Guitar is also really good on N50, but the medium is just fantastic on Nait1 and NAP120.
I discovered that the Hiline can not fit in the Input of the Nait1, so I had to switch to a SNAIC.

18 Likes

Wow, very nice collection!

@Guibo

That would be a Naim Museum in any neighborhood I have ever visited. Very nice. Are they all plugged into the same power strip for this photo or do you alternate as needed in real life?

1 Like

Has there been a poll of speakers used or ordered. I’ve changed my mind 3 times. I always overspeakers.

Hello Ian. What happened to your Nova?

Thanks. The 22/120 is not mine. A friend has brought them to do some listening. I have several setups, and all are mostly ready to use. I switch between them 3 or 4 times per year, not more because switching from passive to active is painful due to the Speaker connection and filters, even if I use an extra NACA5 cable.

Hi soueric

Traded in (it was a gamble)

I used it for internet radio streaming , a DAC for my CDX2.2 and as an amp. A lot of streaming functionality I simply didn’t use. My big desire has been to downsize the system size and box count. With the Nova gone, the phono stage from Graham Slee plus power supply are in storage and the box count for amplification that needed three boxes has become one.

In my video system I was using a UnitiQute as a DAC , it was connected via a 3.5 m Chord Cobra interconnect , I upgraded this to a Chord Shawline X and use the streamer from the UnitiQute for internet radio

The CD function was replaced by a Naim CD5si , in January my plan is to replace the lavender interconnect with a Chord Epic (overkill - I know)

The system in the audio rack has gone from seven boxes in the audio rack (plus TT) in 2012 to two boxes (plus TT) in the audio rack in 2023.

The speakers which were PMC FB1 have been replaced with Harbeth P3ESR , all in all a considerable downsizing

I wish my waistline could be similarly reduced

best wishes

Ian

7 Likes

Same here unfortunately. How do you compare 500 vs. 500DR in this regard? And SL cables?
In case you did compare.

Has anyone tried to put a powerline with the N50?
How does it sound?
I’m very interested to do the test.

But now, in my case, the 50 sings fabulously with a pair of SL2 and BS/nDac/XPS.

Since it arrived at home, I haven’t (re) plugged my setup! Because I don’t feel like it for the moment, the N50 seems at the same level or even better than my main system.
He’s just so much better and different, especially emotionally.

5 Likes

I’m running a Power-Line with mine, only because it was already there. I’ve not compared it to running the supplied Power-Line Lite which is still in the box untouched.

I’d agree with you though - it’s a very engaging little amp and performs at a level far higher than i was really expecting, which is a bonus.

2 Likes

I bought a powerline for it.
Better in every aspect. More grip and weight. More open and rounded.
Recommended

1 Like

My findings also. Powerline is a great addition to the N50.