Need = No
Have Space = No
Have Money = No
Wife approval = No
Want = Oh Yes

41 Likes

LOL. I wonder what the trade in is on a Nait 2. :grinning:

4 Likes

Oh my God - you have seriously blown me away with this release, I had said to Jason recently that I really would love to see a shoebox Nait back in the range but never in my wildest dreams did I think you would go right back to the original utterly classic chrome bumper styling!!!

This is the single best thing Naim have done in the past thirty years and is just so utterly cool!!! I’m genuinely slightly lost for words but seriously in awe.

I can feel a review coming on - my original 1988 just factory serviced Nait 1 v the Nait 50 - now that would be a real clash of the titans!!

Seriously well done to everyone at Naim for this - I cannot think of a more fitting tribute to Julian Vereker, to Naim and to all Naim lovers around the world. Please don’t make it a limited edition though - we need this to be the start of a whole new range including streamer, FM/DAB tuner and just for the hell of it CD player!!

Congratulations all

JonathanG

26 Likes

It would be nice if Nait 50 comes with a remote control :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah I want one. It’s 100% perfect for a 50 yr anniversary.

2 Likes

Hi @james_n,

You can’t beat an internal photo :slight_smile:

We haven’t release internal photos today…here’s some hot from the R&D bench for you! (excuse the blurred iPhone photos!)

All inputs are reed relay selected, the vintage buttons operate logic circuits rather than switch the audio directly. Much better for sound quality, x-talk and long life. The ‘thunck-ring’ sound of pressing the input select buttons has been replicated for that authentic feel.

ALPs blue velvet volume control

Discrete transistor MM phono stage, design exclusively for the Nait 50. The RIAA EQ of the Nait one was replicated in the new circuit.

…also has auto-off music-sensing, soft-start and 0.5W standby

Cheers
Steve

63 Likes

Naim subliminally helping the old gits with they’re step count. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Amazing - my order is being placed!

6 Likes

Looks fantastic! I want! I owned a Nait 2 for many years before eventually moving up the range (or sideways maybe…). Can’t wait to hear how it sounds.

Could this be the genesis of a more accessable little 100 series in shoe box cases, probably with a look more in keeping with the New Classics I guess, although I like the idea of a retro look too. What a combo a Nait 100(??) could be paired with a ND5XS2 condensed into the shoebox case… and maybe a tuner and CD player too as @JonathanG suggests.

Come on Naim, you know you want to :grin:

3 Likes

I’m currently saving to buy a 500dr so I can mate it to my 552 that I bought last year…

and then Naim release this little beauty.
:flushed:

I’m thinking my IBLs would love to get together with this.

5 Likes

Sensational!

A rather desirable nostalgia based pairing for 2023 - The NAIT 50 Limited Edition & Rega Planar 3 50th Anniversary. I’m sure there will be a dem or two offered with this combination…

22 Likes

Just add a pair of Proac Tab 10’s - nice!

7 Likes

Somewhat unbelievably my Mrs just messaged me with a link to this along with “I guess you’ll need to get one?” which I’m taking as full permission.
Now I need to work out where it will go…

20 Likes

Wonderful. Can’t wait to hear how it sounds.

1 Like

James @TomTom has my order (not that I need one).

4 Likes

Fantastic so Uber retro cool, I was at Cymbiosis yesterday having my LP12 upgraded chatting to Peter about all things hifi and my future upgrade path.
Then we were reminiscing about old hifi and I mentioned my first real amp was the Naim Nait 1 and the fond memories. I asked about the 50th anniversary Naim releases and with a rye smile he said, “ you might be happily surprised with what’s being announced tomorrow”.
Well would you believe it ‘hey presto’. Original Nait, the man is a magician.

I am sure it will sell like the proverbial hot cakes, well done Naim.

8 Likes

I tried to buy the original Nait many times on the auction site. Always lost out as the pristine examples went for quite a healthy sum of money.

It will be interesting to see how this sounds compared to the original which many regard to be crude yet thoroughly engaging

I’ve ordered one for you :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes