The new NAIT 50 Limited Edition

Yes, it’s a limited edition of 1973 units.

Bagsy number 1973 then!

What a wonderful surprise! I love it! The Nait 1 was my first amplifier, purchased used in 1993. I had it for a decade and traded it in for what I paid for it in 2003 for a Nait 5 that I still have in a second system. I was watching the ads for the new 300 series thinking how much I liked the old chrome bumper gear and then this pops up!

1 Like

NAIT 50 is probably the most beautiful looking amplifier I’ve seen. A classic for sure and one that I’ll be buying for myself :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I doubt very much if they are individually numbered but that would be a nice touch.

1 Like

If I was still in the factory, I would find a way (even if it was just “testing” the zebra serial number printer)

My favourite media quote in relation to the launch from John Darko…

“Still wearing flares, Naim introduces the Nait 50”

6 Likes

Best Naim release in a very long time. Beautiful!

4 Likes

Serial numbering from 1 to 1973 was considered by the marketing team.

On balance it was sensibly decided not to. You can image how many requests there would be for #1 and #1973!

5 Likes

Maybe some secret etching on a PCB board…

…now, that would have been fun, I’ll get my Sharpie (other pens are available) :wink:

3 Likes

Lovely, tempted, don’t need, they’ll probably sell out before i get to the shop !

The old Naits had a sticker on the PCB with the initials of the person who had assembled it and who inspected/tested it if I’m remembering correctly.

…. whereas now it’s just time stamped in “prism”, not quite the same thing!

There are S/N, QR codes and all from production. Seems like Nr.1 is made for Steve :wink:

3 Likes

This is a great surprise! For people with limited space this would be part of a great mini system I wonder how it stacks up against the more expensive sn3?

Be very careful of any piece of old Naim kit with a PCB showing the initials RWD. Best to just quietly move it on…

38 Likes

Wonderful. What a pairing. 1973 was a great year for hifi and it seems 2023 is too!

1 Like

Ah but will it power my Kans in the same way as my HicapDR/82/250DR does ( the Nait 2 doesn’t - not surprisingly).

I may downsize my main rig 552/500/Fraim for a Nait 50 looks fantastic.

Chord DAVE into a Nait 50 on top of a sideboard its got me thinking :thinking:

SL2s will stay of course.

8 Likes