The new speakers conundrum

Good luck and enjoy.

1 Like

Well; what can I say… went with the heart and the woman that owns it.
We both listened and fell for the Evoke 50’s from a great height.
The deal struck for the Speakers, PSC and Frame was too too attractive, so the Heart won and all the others will always be the road not taken, but it’s OK and I can happily live with my decision :blush:

2 Likes

Sounds like a marriage made in heaven. I hope you 3 are very happy :smiley:

2 Likes

Congratulations looking forward to seeing a photo of your stuff in the system photo thread. :+1:

1 Like

Nice outcome.

I agree with the above. System is never complete. I tell people my system is complete and am still thinking about the next step. Let me suggest that you listen to a Proac with the ribbon tweeter. I have had three. Pick one you can afford.

1 Like

It’ll be a couple/few weeks I should think, but it’ll be there as soon as it’s all installed​:+1:t2::grin:

1 Like

I accept the “work in progress” status, based on the “Tweek & Tinker” philosophy of seeking perfection. However, I stand by the status of “complete” in the sense that it lacks for nothing in this first incarnation.

I also value my marriage and further investment will require time to justify🤣

1 Like

A quick update to this thread.

Dynaudio’s delivered to my dealer today. Install of complete system now booked for the 1st October along with a demo of an ND5 XS2.
Probably not the best time to add in a demo unit, as all of the kit will be 100% green… but the opportunity is there and I am going to need a streamer after all🤷🏻‍♂️
Roll on the 1st…

Never a bad time to demo especially at home. Alternative of buying blind is far worse. Enjoy the new toys.

1 Like

Thought you may go the Dyn route, they’re a good partner with Naim which is one of the reasons I recommended them as a small but powerful performer. If you’ve not run Dynaudios before, they need a fair bit of room, at least a metre’s space around them and a really solid pair of stands. Good luck with building the FRAIM, I’d have the beer on standby if I were you!

1 Like

Dealers coming to build the whole lot.
Will have a lunch ready for him, but I’m staying out of it😂
No stands required as having Evoke 50’s. They have plenty of space to stand in, so fingers crossed that all goes well :crossed_fingers:t2:

Today is the day. :grin:
Speakers, Fraim and NAPSC coming with Mike from Signals, to put the whole thing together this morning.
Watch this space and the “System Pics 2022” thread for pictures later. :grin:

2 Likes

He did a great job installing my Ovators, good guy👍

1 Like

Well, this process is complete.
My Dynaudio Evoke 50’s were delivered and installed as part of today’s installation and commissioning of my new Naim system.
Everything is going to take time to settle and run in, but I am very happy with my selection. I will say that the ATC SM40’s ran a very close second and could even have been the winners if we’d listened to them the other way around. I know I’m not supposed to name check the dealer from Felixstowe, but would like to thank them for their diligence and support.
I am a VERY happy customer.
Thank you also to the contributors to this thread. Your views and comments were much appreciated.
Couple of pics below :grin:

7 Likes

He’s just done a great job here too.
Very pleased with him, them and the result🙂

Is that a man cave in the garden, very nice?

Designated “Audio Cave” and my favourite retreat. My wife could be on to a good thing here as she doesn’t cook and you’ll need Dynamite to get me out of here for the next few months.
Weight Loss could be dramatic!:rofl:

2 Likes

Great idea, very nice indeed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.