The Polarbear (Nigel)

Now now PB, what was it you said about your stress levels .? :wink:

2 Likes

Una pronta guarigione,Sig.PB!
Ciao.

Please do pass on my best wishes for the speediest bon rétablissement que possible…

Rod

Nigel, I had an onset of severe symptoms in January 2015 and had a Triple By-Pass surgery on February 3rd after a couple of weeks of poking, prodding, ultrasound, nuclear scan exercise tests, and angiogram. Best thing that happened after the surgery was going to 12 weeks of cardiac rehab which was 3 days a week of exercising while on a cardiac monitor under observation. It did give me the confidence to push myself and to get back into shape and change some lifestyle habits. My primary care provider connected me with a personal trainer that I have worked with over the past couple of years. It has been money well spent. I have a exercise routine four days a week, usually take a long walk every day as well. The result is I am back down to my weight that I was in 1970 and feel very confident in pushing myself.

My experience was if you put in the time, effort and money and you can transform your confidence along with your physical appearance and performance.

Good luck with your recovery, put in the work and the results follow…

25 Likes

Best wishes for a speed recovery Mr. Polarbear.
Also all my respect to the Naim community for the support and empathy, it is difficult to find such a nice forum these days.

3 Likes

Pleased to hear of your progress.

1 Like

Excellent advice sir, both Karen and I need to lose some weight and get more exercise, I certainly intend to get back in the gym and slowly build things up again. I know it won’t be a quick fix but I will do it and lesson learned :blush:

14 Likes

Sorry to hear PB, hopefully the prognosis is as good as it can be and you make a full recovery. All the best from the states.

1 Like

Same here for the cardio rehab - very helpful and made some good friends, too. Had my heart attack and stent in 2013 and had to give up weightlifting but got into running and went for a 22km run on the downs today, so there’s every reason to feel positive.

6 Likes

May I add my best wishes Polarbear. Have you tried Audible books? There’s something very relaxing about being read to. I was sceptical until I tried it, but now I’m a definite fan. Worth signing up for the free trial.

3 Likes

Hope you get back to the music soon as it’s a great healer for the mind and body. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

1 Like

Nigel, if i may-
1.proper BMI
2.mediterranean diet
3.Exercise is initially controlled with increased intensity later on = minimum 150 minutes per week.
That will be a good starting points.

That’s good advice, we will certainly be looking at diets and exercise routines when I am back home.

3 Likes

Just teasing… Good to know your’re on your way to full recovery, mate. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ooh look, it’s the wife’s new car :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

I’d rather prefer those Peter’s than the Peter at the pearly gates. You have just missed that one, therefore it is a clear divine direction that it is time for an LP12 indeed :slight_smile:

All the best

3 Likes

When I was in hospital for the CABG, SWMBO promised I could buy an Exige V6 when I recovered… well, as you can imagine, that promise magically disappeared after I was out :frowning:

Now driving a considerably more boring diesel estate :frowning:

1 Like

Poor old Polar bear.Could always try a bit of Rammstein

1 Like

Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Now you will have to walk and cycle everywhere for your continued good health, you might as well sell that fancy car; you could then afford several turntables to supplement your already magnificent one; see, there’s always a bright side! :joy:

Cheers,

Ian

2 Likes

Late to the thread but wishing Nigel @Polarbear a speedy recovery.