The Queen

IPlayer 4K is totally excellent if your equipment can handle it. I suspect that your’s can’t.

1 Like

You need the receiving/display equipment able to handle a 4K stream.

My Samsung 4K TV takes 4K video from iPlayer if I choose and it looks fantastic, much better than the HD from the same broadcast channels.

If iPlayer is 4K, it says so. So if it doesn’t say so, then whatever you are watching it on is taking a lower resolution feed from iPlayer.

You won’t get 4K over the tv aerial (what I mean is that Digital TV isn’t broadcast as 4K). You need a good broadband connection, and a 4K smart TV.

1 Like

Only on a Naim forum would the thread about the late Monarch soon revert to a question of broadcast quality.
Unbelievable.

18 Likes

Oh no it isn’t!

1 Like

Slightly more on thread, it was almost shocking to hear the word ‘sister’ used more than once in the services. A word of deep theological significance, made all the more so by its use in reference to a monarch. To have a word of egalitarianism used in this context caught me off guard and was all the more moving for it.

Mark

4 Likes

The words of John Donne (1572-1631) were quoted, and these in particular resonated with me.

“no noise nor silence, but one equal music”

6 Likes

I was following Queen Elisabeth II funerals today on Rai1.Sublime organization of the event, no problem to admit it, but there was a moment that caught my deepest attention tightening my heart and that was impersonated by a bagpipes player inside St George’s Chapel.The player alone.Minimalism and solemnity melted together.I felt the same feeling I felt when I listened to Elton Jhon’s Candle in the wind during Lady Diana’s funerals.

9 Likes

Many elite military units worldwide try to emulate the ceremonials performed by the Guards and HH Cavalry…

…but none come even close.

6 Likes

I stayed up until 1am when the procession moved to the State Hearse. A truly extraordinary honoring of Her Majesty. A wonderful Christian service, on point, deeply spiritual and relevant,

So much history and celebration amongst the beauty of remembrance and mourning.

A once in a lifetime moment in history and may the grace of the tradition continue as a hallmark of Great Britain.

15 Likes

I managed to stay up till the end (2.00am) and glad I did. The day was a tribute to how well this Queen was loved and respected it’s also a tribute to the British people.

Like many here she has been the one constant in our chaotic lives.

I’m trying to figure out the best way to honour Her, I guess the best we can do is just be more tolerant and kinder to others.

14 Likes

I’ve witnessed the same before. At the Queen Mothers funeral I was in the crowds at Whitehall. The crowd was really feeling the emotions of the day but at the end as the procession passed by there was polite clapping until such time as a huge cheer started and kept growing and it felt wrong until you realised it was for Queen Elizabeth as she came by and it broke the somber mood, held back the tears and was a show of support for her in what, like yesterday, would have been a challenging moment.

6 Likes

Yes the 1am/2am club may be feeling it a bit later - I have had a lot of late nights/early mornings thanks to BBC 24 news
As I reflect today I recognise now, perhaps more strongly than ever, the value of that constant involvement in my life and that of others, there just isn’t any comparable person outside family to measure that , and other world figures can sometimes be such a disappointment, but the Queen simply delivered consistently and quietly - and there is significant value in such an approach

A lesson I take as said above - is how can I be a little kinder to and more accepting of others

A sad period but also recognition of a job superbly done - I doubt anyone could have done more or done it better

11 Likes

If you tap the play icon on that YouTube link I posted, you can hear it. It’s an orchestral version rather than for a brass band, so not quite as evocative, but you will recognise it.

1 Like

A good selection of photographs from the day.

5 Likes

Yes, well the celebratory stout and single malts didn’t help. Found a cafe for a cooked breakfast after dropping Miss Mike off a school and struggled through a 2 hour meeting. Heavens now how the older Royals managed those long walks and an emotional draining day. I hope they get some well deserved rest.

Yes my wife has been regularly commenting on the workload on the older Royals and she worries about the present burden on King Charles - chap needs. a few quite nights in front of his tv or turntable

6 Likes

Thank you , shared with people abroad

1 Like

I recall he has a Sondek CD12.

Agree with all wonderful service.

D41

1 Like

We are not diminished by her death, we are enriched by her life. We should strive to be worthy of her example.

7 Likes