The Reggae Thread

Get well soon Toots

:heart:

1 Like

More Fyah - Mungo’s Hi Fi x Eva Lazarus.

Glasgow-based soundsystem and production unit, Mungo’s Hi Fi, and UK singer and MC, Eva Lazarus with some fine Dancehall / Reggae / Dub goodness, courtesy of the nice folks at Scotch Bonnet Records.

1 Like

1 Like

More Scotch Bonnet goodness, the noo’.

1 Like
2 Likes

What a musical legacy he left us. My deepest respect and admiration.

2 Likes

Aw, man…that’s sad news. I’d hoped he was recovering, last I’d heard.

A legend passes. Thank you for all you gave us, Toots.

Now go rock up the place!

1 Like
1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

My introduction to Reggae was this band …

1 Like

1 Like

Toots has left us with this fine swansong, his new album came out a couple of weeks back.
His voice is in fine form here (since recovering from being hit with a bottle thrown by some idiot at a festival several years ago), he certainly wasnt resting on his laurels with this recording.
So tragically sad

Bless you Toots
RIP
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Friends,
To avoid duplication Ive moved Toots related material to the dedicated Toots Hibbert RIP thread. Link below

Just stumbled on this excellent interview with Jimmy Cliff from 2012.
I think Jimmy’s contribution is very underrated. Like Toots he had a very international outlook and collaborated with a whole host of different artists including Cat Steven’s, Bruce Springsteen, Joe Strummer and countless others.
Bob Marley is often credited as being the first internationally recognised Reggae artist, but that isn’t strictly true, that accolade rightly in my view belongs to Jimmy

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

This Sunday lunchtime 20th Sept at 13.00

1 Like

:heart:

R-757553-1362692609-4644.jpeg

1 Like