The Shark is Broken

Just watched The Shark is Broken. If you can get the chance and are a fan of the original movie or just a movie fan in general , go see it. You will believe Robert Shaw is alive and well. Way funnier than I expected and superb performances all round.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll check it out. Keep the good recommendations humming

I’m not a great theatre goer, but as this was a ‘behind the scenes’ look at one of my all-time favourite films, I went to see this at the Ambassador’s Theatre with some friends last week.

It gave an interesting insight into the interactions between the three main actors when they weren’t on camera. The frustrations of the cast due to “Bruce’s” constant breakdowns was convincing and it captured the well-documented friction between Shaw and Dreyfuss very well.
Ian Shaw was the absolute spitting image of his father, and gave a very believable performance (as you would expect). ‘Richard Dreyfuss’ was also well delivered, although I wasn’t entirely convinced by ‘Roy Scheider’ (a little wooden at times).
The set and production was excellent (as you would expect in the West End) and overall I’d have to say it’s 90 minutes well worth watching, especially if you’re a fan of the original film.

1 Like

I would agree with that I am not a theatre lover normally. But as big fan of the film I had to go. It was my first cinema outing so holds a special place in my heart and it didnt disappoint.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.