The story of 420

You may not be aware but 20th April is a worldwide celebration for supporters and users of Cannabis.
I am not posting this as an advocate for or against but as a libertarian (not in the political sense) this is an interesting read and many Grateful Dead heads will hopefully appreciate this from Huffington Post…

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/420-meaning-the-true-stor_n_543854?ri18n=true&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9jb25zZW50LnlhaG9vLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAML1AYdoQgDYocii2_hR5A5qIyn5EZmZy0-5OFv9IB_kKuTfDjy4hmrFxIBz-sDB3UDDPuF_GRKTJn12e6Hae2WI0Y9rlWdyC4FBJevPaNCneLuBBA3gHDJ2RUBnyCMo9sDEqquR9ry_jd5_xYfjN1wPjAKEGIBupP94GjoC94sU

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ll drink to that.

4 Likes

:grin:
1 Like

Howard Mark’s autobiography, A highly recommended and entertaining read, from the Welsh valleys, via Oxford, MI5, IRA (wheres the Nordle?) CIA, Mafia, FBI persecution, Public Enemy No1 and incarceration in a high security US Penitentiary.

51YcQetiqsL.SX323_BO1,204,203,200

And this follow up telling the seemingly unlikely story of how Howard discovered that his great great grandfather was half brother to Billy The Kid who along with Butch Cassidy ended up in Patagonia. Howard sets off on a often hilarious and high time tracing his Welsh roots through South America, Patagonia, Jamaica, Panama and so on.
As someone with Welsh roots I found his journey amazing and enlightening.

51CsmeZpaIL.AC_SL1500

And this, collection of stories by various writers

2 Likes

:rofl:

True story.
Many many moons ago a friend of mine said he had a new “HiFi” he wanted me to hear. I paid him a visit and he ushered me towards one of those old mono record players with built in speaker.
“I dont think that’s going to sound so great” I scoffed like a true HiFi snob.
“It does if you listen properly” he retorted whilst producing a massive bong.
Great night and yes it did sound great!

2 Likes

…and you never recovered

2 Likes

Been there, done that! :wink:

2 Likes

The joy of clarity (by PS Audio)

:grinning:
2 Likes

And they say Cannabis makes you paranoid! It will after watching this, just say no kids!

2 Likes

@Dave is now here

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.