The Super Bowl **Spoiler Alert**

Well, Kansas City won the Super Bowl …
The Philly Eagles looked very strong at the beginning of the game though.

1 Like

Thanks for the spoiler

Yeah - please change the thread title. You’ve ruined my morning! What’s wrong with calling it “Superbowl”?

1 Like

I’ve amended the thread title so anybody who doesn’t wish to look in before they watch the game won’t have it ruined.

3 Likes

Perhaps it should be renamed (suggested by Radcliffe and Maconie on 6Music yesterday) as
The Superb Owl

1 Like

Oops … sorry 'bout that, guys. I wasn’t thinking.
Won’t happen again …

Dave

3 Likes

Sorry. I now know to think of that.

Worse things happen at sea. Appreciate the response though @david1111, I know it wasn’t deliberate.

Only 7 months till the season starts again!

2 Likes

One good thing about the Super Bowl was I did get my starting word for today’s Wordle.

‘Choke’ being the first for how Philadelphia played in the second half.

Also a second one would be ‘Spoil’ for the last penalty flag by the referee at the end of the game. Very questionable from my point of view and sucked the air out of any possible chance of a comeback. Really took the outcome of the game out of the players hand.

Others may disagree but that’s how I saw it. I had no skin in the game since no affiliation with either city or team. I picked Philadelphia to win because green is my favorite color.

Life is sweet! …and there is always next year.

1 Like

As an Eagles fan I was disappointed with the result, and that the game didn’t go to overtime which probably would have been fairer than the kick and clock tactics determining the winner.

Nevertheless it was a great game, and congrats to KC, who like Philadelphia had played exceptionally well throughout out the season.

2 Likes

As a big fan of the Chiefs, I was ecstatic with the win!
The Eagles played them tough, and I thought the Chiefs would lose. It made the win all that much better!

2 Likes

Yes, and thank you for doing that so quickly Richard before my mistake ruined it for many others.Funny it didn’t occurr to me.

1 Like

Yeah, that was a very bad time for a penalty like that and it did kind of end the game. Then as @GeoffC said, it made for a !ess exciting, basic kick and clock stategy. In the first half, I thought the Eagles were the stronger team, even with the errors.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.