The Surround Loudspeaker Topic

I am using Focal Domes in conjunction with a MJ Acoustics sub. Works brilliantly well.

Originally bought when I was using Focal 1008be II as my main speakers. Since the cats killed them, very effectively, I have bought and refettled a pair of SBLs, and a Naim Access. The Domes are working very well.

Being small, wall mounting and easily adjusted for direction I would have no hesitation in recommending them.

Look interesting is that a 5.1 setup. Are they light/easy to mount?

Hi Mr M,

Yes 5.1 …well, 5.3.

I have played with adding upward firing speakers but I really don’t feel the need.

The domes are very easy to mount. I would NOT recommend the matching sub, hence why I use MJ & BK.

M

Appreciate the feedback, may try and have a listen locally as have a “need” for something like those.

If one were wanting to build a seperate AV system and wanted to spend more than the budget surround speaker packages like from Qacoustics but not as much as the matching surround speakers for their music stereo pair (going 7.1 with PMC would break the bank for me), JBL have a newish Studio range that looks very appealing. If your AV amp warrants it and your budget goes a bit further, then I’d be looking at the following package too.

Studio 630 (front)
Studio 620 (side and rear)
Studio 625C (centre)
Studio 660P (sub)

Certainly, I’ve added this to my list.

3 pairs of jbl control1 work well with yamaha receiver got wall brackets with the speakers

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.