The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

North American F-86A Sabre

5 Likes

Superb photos, I especially love the unusual angle on the Spitfire

No machine guns on this Spitfire I think

5 Likes

hmmm… mine protection and a handy sten gun… Rhodesia?

and now for something completely different, a 1900 Daimler Wagonette on the LBVCR

6 Likes

Old time Bedford Camper taken at the Egham Royal Show

10 Likes

A 1902 Locomobile losing a lot of steam on the LBVCR

6 Likes

Bluebell and 263 H Class taken at the Bluebell Railway.

10 Likes

No guns as its is a Mk-XIX Photo Recognisance variant.

The Hurricane is a bit special as it’s the very last of the 14533 produced, PZ865 is a Mk-IIC & it too has no ‘machine guns’ & was equiped with a pair of 20 mm Hispano cannons in each wing. PZ865 first flew in July 1944, but it never went into service & was used by Hawkers as a test aircraft.

2 Likes

Pal of mine owns numerous classics, E Type V12, Morgan Plus 4, Elan S2, and others including this georgous Jag XK, and a glorious Aston DB9 Vantage.

8 Likes

In the late 70s I worked for Trident Electrical Retail and sold amongst other stuff Candy washing machines, the amazing 6 wheeler F1 car was part of a Candy display, IIRC it had been driven by Patrick Depailler. We all got to sit in it for photos, my backside didn’t get down to the seat, Patrick D was a bit thinner.

6 Likes

Oman - the Dhofar War - not all the anti mine protection is shown as it had protection underneath .

1 Like

Thanks Mike, I was 99% certain that the Spitfire was a photo recognisance version, I wasn’t aware of the Hurricane’s provenance

Ian

1 Like

Taken at Corfe Castle a few years ago.

7 Likes

Photo taken in 2014. New Scotland Yard has since been demolished but I hope this classic police car is still going.

6 Likes

You see these so very rarely , I always wanted a Vanden Plas 1300 .

Sadly never got one

MG for sale, taken outside Dirty Annie’s Country Store in Shell, Wyoming.

7 Likes

Taken at the NRM in 2007 when the Flying Scotsman was undergoing refurbishment.

7 Likes

Drool

1 Like

Living close to one of the International airshow venues meant (pre Shoreham) a great view of proceedings from our garden. I could sit there with a beer and a camera and enjoy the sights and sounds. I think XH558 probably classes as vintage and i do miss the sight and sound of this beautiful aircraft.

FIA 2014

and final flight over the Farnborough airfield during the final tour (South)

11 Likes

I live under what was XH558 designated flight path to/from Doncaster to central south England.
Had some good views, mostly she was at 500 to 1000ft, but some were remarkably lower than that.
I took this while snapping some bird activity in the garden & heard her coming just in time to get this one shot fired off, crap photo, but its as it was.

7 Likes