The Vintage Planes, Trains and Automobiles Picture Show

6 Likes

Is that a GT40…… if so they have announced the final production of 20 specials end at the end of the year. Did get to try one before i retired from Ford……frightening for this old codger.

1 Like

In the foreground? No, a Porsche.

I am old codger😂

It’s a beautiful day! :grinning:

9 Likes

Duxford ?

My holiday plans for next year are two days at the Battle Of Britain display at Duxford. No holidays in foreign parts

Yep, season finale flying day today🙂

Looking forward to pictures

1 Like

12 Likes

Reading Facebook , the Swiss put on a great show.

Hope you had a good day

I did indeed. It was ‘only’ a flying day rather than a full show, so they just put up a few things in the afternoon, nonetheless a great spread.

The Swiss visitors were very welcome and a great novelty, seeing those F5’s darting around the sky was awesome.

This fella was another vistor who seemed to be enjoying his petrol tokens.

10 Likes

Lovely photographs as usual @Jamiewednesday.
The last time I saw the Catalina airborne it was flying very low over Cheshunt Golf Course. Made me completely bugger-up my tee-shot on the 12th hole if I remember correctly. :angry: (many, many years ago).

2 Likes

And one from the Swiss!

I’m by the green bit on the left. Easily spotted.

4 Likes

Next year, rather than go to foreign climes , I am going to Duxford and seeing ( hopefully )
The Catalina
The Martlet
A Gladiator
A Lysander
A P40

And a few others.

Gladiator and Lysander live at Shuttleworth. A good mix of rather unusual aircraft and a beautiful Swiss garden make it a great day out. Their shows are quite gentle affairs as well, much less stressful than the huge Duxford events, but without the large group flypasts.

1 Like

The last time I looked around the hangars in Duxford (2011) I came across this Heinkel.

I would love to see this fully renovated and airborne again, but seriously doubt I could live long enough to see it. Such a familiar silhouette in the air above the Home Counties might put the wind up a few kilts though.

1 Like

Might be worth getting membership?

Keeps ‘em flying and gets me into their flying days🙂

1 Like

Thanks for that , I once had lunch in the wardroom of HMS Belfast

Yes, I’ve always liked the PBY, it’s surprisingly graceful in flight.

The P40 is a regular flyer at Duxford.

Those stubby, close set undercarriage legs on the little Grummans would give me kittens dropping down on to a wobbly flightdeck.

8 Likes

Thank you for those.