The Weather!

Glad I’ve got Aircon :cold_face:

1 Like

From the BBC website

Looks like inland places from around London up to Manchester and York could be hottest.

Similar story here. We’re getting the paddling pool out.

1 Like

Shhh don’t let on

6 Likes

Should be good for your grapes ripening in the greenhouse😁

I’ve been laying bricks in this weather all week. Lovely. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You obviously like watching mortar dry, more satisfying than watching paint dry😉

1 Like

Yep. Gone by 2.00pm :moneybag::beer::melting_face:

1 Like

Its been above 30 all week here, yesterday at 6 pm it was 38 in the shade. Local guy has been reroofing his place for the past few weeks with the help of friends and professionals as needed.They are still working. These temps are normal for six weeks or so each year and at least for a few days creep in to the low 40’s.

Why is the UK so panic stricken? I get the need for warnings for people to take care, but a once a year high of 40 for a few minutes on a runway at Heathrow isn’t really a need to panic.

4 Likes

I asked for a quote to put mini split air con into lounge and bedroom and was told it would probably be about £3,500 . Too much. Brought a portable unit for £360. Does a job but noisy and put hose out of window and with a diy sealing kit for the open window. Would much prefer the real thing as this will become the norm I suspect

1 Like

It should only take a day to install each unit especially if there are two persons doing the work for a typical domestic unit. The units themselves should be £600-800 depending on the spec.

It takes me a day and a bit to DIY my own system install.

We use the same in our bedroom, it is only used a few days a year.

A tad optimistic :joy: (though we did visit my wife’s god daughter in Dorset last week and they have a vine growing around their front door! With grapes on)

1 Like

Yes, I’ve had it on for the last week .

Bought when my Mum was alive, this weather always precipitated a cardiac incident , so I thought it would be a lot better and far safer to have air con installed.

About two or three weeks of the year I regard as a necessity rather than a luxury

1 Like

Ouch

1 Like

The things one does for money, for that next upgrade :eyes::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I think the way things are going could be a necessity in the South UK rather than a luxury

2 Likes

Just back from 2 weeks in Corfu where it was mid 30s and it wasn’t a problem. It’s only for a few days so really no need for the media hysteria. I guess it makes a change from politics and pandemics, but 24 hour news has a lot to answer for!

2 Likes

absolutely, fear is the preferred currency of the media these days

4 Likes

But…But it’s a RED alert. That’s dangerous right? :skull: :triangular_flag_on_post: :skull:

2 Likes