Thief Caught on Camera. Identity Revealed

This chap , ( or chapess ), and possibly some his mates, have cleared out all of our fish. Footage taken by our small night camera. Netting arrived too late.

The river Avon is about a mile away. The little …

13 Likes

We have over the years had this reported in Colchester. We are miles away from the river colne……but i saw one very near our house a few years ago when i was on the way to work……working its way through town across roads and ditches. Nice they are back….sad you have lost out though.

2 Likes

Yes, it is mixed feelings. I told a few work colleagues and most have said " Ooh, you are lucky"

1 Like

Local vandals. There goes the neighbourhood.

Mark

1 Like

I would keep buying fish and a better camera and an underwater camera so I could watch them more often.

3 Likes

Rotten! Even the owl having a pee didn’t thwart them!

I trust the footage has been sent to the local police. Do you think you could pick out the culprit in an identity parade?

2 Likes

The police have a suspect with previous form:

5 Likes

We live next to a canal and had a female and two kits as quite regular daytime visitors one winter and have seen them sporadically since. This was often in the day, and they could be surprisingly close, messing about in the water right next to us whilst we stood quietly in the towpath. They would then scoot down the lock sluice!

Seen them in Scotland too, from the water (in a sea kayak) you can sometimes watch them quite closely and they seem curious rather than alarmed.

Lovely animals.

Bruce

1 Like

Awwwee. How could you be angry with that face?

3 Likes

Some of our fish were about 15 years old and my wife had given some of them names.
Lol.

1 Like

My suggestion is to leave the net off, and the pool empty of fish , when Tarka discovers he isn’t getting fed he /she will find someone else’s pond to raid

1 Like

Could it be a mink?

That is an otter. Minky are more slinky!

(Mink have skinner head, thin body and tail)

2 Likes

We lent our camera to some neighbours who also have fish missing. Some great footage, particularly the second one.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.