Thin Lizzy - under appreciated?

Great band, saw them in the early 80s and they were superb. Still play jailbreak regularly

Definitely under appreciated I reckon. My favourite version of Dancing in The Moonlight, recorded in Maida Vale studios for John Peel;

4 Likes

I still find it strange that Midge Ure ranks within the array of excellent guitarists they had over the years

1 Like

They were brilliant, we were right up front and my memory might be rose tinted but I swear we felt the heat from those things, awesome. We were literally blown away! I dont remember any other band of the time doing that, except perhaps Kiss but I never saw them.
:heart:

Wouldnt get away with it these days
Phil Lynott: “any girls out there with any Irish in them?..any girls out there like a bit more Irish in them?”

He was only a temporary fill in iirc

1 Like

He’s told this tale in interviews, the twist being that he thought he’d have plenty of time to work his way through the tracks to learn them properly only to find he was going on Concord and only had 5 hours to do it.

Ol’ Midge is underrated - his Ultravox stuff didn’t appeal one jot, but Slik had something about them and he was a bit of a rocker when he fancied it; Rich Kids were fun while they lasted.

He was involved with Visage too if I recall and Fade to Grey which I love. I saw Ultravox back in the 80s with s friend, was very out of place in denim and with hair down my back but they were superb

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.