Things that make you feel old

You’re missing the trick: look in the mirror, all those horrid grey stubbly bits, drawn, creased and old skin… then the shave, the soft brush, all that rich creamy stuff and a lovely sharp blade…voila!
10 years younger…and you feel goooood.

Dream on. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Ah well, works for me. Shaving is a tonic, makes me feel younger - even though I’m not.

Bit like putting on a crisp, ironed shirt and a good suit :ok_hand:

I found my Naim CD 3.5 today in a large plastic box in the storage unit. No puck, link plug or remote yet :slightly_frowning_face:

Where on earth is the original packaging though?

Nice find though!

1 Like

I never enjoyed shaving. Certainly a requirement for the time I spent in the military and corporate life.

Now I just take an electric hair trimer and trim the beard down to the lowest level every so often. I will use a blade to trim the neck if dressing up to spend a night out or attend a special event.

5 Likes

I’ve sported a lot more facial hair since the pandemic, and funnily enough I use hair clippers to do this when it starts to get too long and itchy.

2 Likes

95 brings great frailty…

I’ve been trying to persuade a 95 with hearing and seeing issues, that a radio that plugs into her TV that gives better sound and that you can control the radio from her iPad might be a good idea, even if it was expensive

1 Like

I’ve grown a beard as well makes shaving much easier now all need is a little tidy up every couple of days. It also gives me a reason to visit a barber (to get a trim) every now and then.

2 Likes

I’ve let my hair grow , I can now tie it back into a ponytail.

It profoundly irritates my neighbour , he is a Daily Mail reader.

I am hoping that they will have a world exclusive on spontaneous human combustion

Especially if I dye it green, apparently with my hair now being white, it is much easier to dye.

You learn something new every day

3 Likes

Well, mine’s in the loft…….

That’s where I thought it was a few years ago!

I do the same exact thing …

1 Like

Weird. Some people are so difficult …

1 Like

I know thing that certainly makes you realise how old you are, I’ve been out helping a friend of his farm today and I definitely know I’m way too old to roll commando style under electric fences.

3 Likes

Better than trying to step up and over and tickle your tackle……

2 Likes

True but I way too short to attempt that. The only way is under.

1 Like

I saw this post yesterday and shortly after it I had a chat with my neighbour. Her husband retired 3 years ago, husband got diagnosed with a disease (with an life expectancy of 20 years though) and now just sits in front of his TV - regardless the TV is switched on or not. He seems to have lost the will to live and doesn’t even want to talk to anybody.

Its really sad. I know people having the same disease but they respond by being extra active, do social activities, walk, bikerides etc…

Chronic illnesses can really demoralise - why me? why now etc? More support for mental wellbeing is required I think, especially as some other folk will simply dismiss bad luck/genes and blame lifestyle.

2 Likes

Respect. There’s no way I’d roll under an electric fence without underpants on. Terrifying.

6 Likes