Things that make you feel old

Early?

1 Like

Hearing re released remixes of song you grew up with and having to tell the kids you use to dance to this with their mum :joy:

2 Likes

Playing that Genesis LP you bought in 1972ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦.

12 Likes

ā€¦or listening to cover versions of a cover to a song, the original for which you queued at the record shop!

2 Likes

Getting up from a seated position :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

ā€¦without making a noise!

9 Likes

It was Nursery Cryme.

Had it running on the Sondek a couple of weeks ago while messing around with a third-party ā€œblueā€ belt (from one of the other Hifi forums).

Amazing SQ for two ounces of plastic which is half a century old!

3 Likes

Always make a oofh noise nowadays

1 Like

ā€˜No, thanks! I donā€™t need to give you my email address to get an e-receipt simply because Iā€™ve bought a microfibre cloth to clean something (Halfords)ā€™.

ā€˜We notice you havenā€™t given us your email address.ā€™, ā€˜Yes, andā€¦?ā€™.

ā€˜Would you like a printed receipt, sir/mate/pal/boss?ā€™, ā€˜Yes please, Iā€™ve just spent Ā£200 including some nice bottles of wine and steaks and your ā€˜tagsā€™ always set off the bloody security alarms as I leave the shop for some inexplicable reason!ā€™ (Itā€™s not just larger shops, I like printed receipts simply because I have no proof of purchase otherwise if challenged).

3 Likes

I wouldnā€™t feel too bad, itā€™s still on sale :wink:

1 Like

My originals are scratched to bits from the Ferguson music centre we had at home at the time, but I still have them alongside some heavyweight re-releases of the same albums. Where I feel old is that I still love that music after all these years.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve just resurrected an older perfectly good iPhone and canā€™t bring myself to delete ā€˜Mum and Dadā€™ from my phone favourites almost 3 years later. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

Many things makes me feel that I Am getting old.

Listening to music from the 80ā€™s and remembering the times that I loved those on the radio.
My kids talking with me like I was Santa when they want something. Or simply tel that I Am old to understand or like RAP.
When I Am the only one that pays all the bils during the month.
No more CD Players on the market.
I still have a deck and there is no cassetes on the house or available to buy, and my kids look at it and think is electronic archeology.
No one uses a minidisc, diskman, Walkman on the go.
Arcade houses are a thing of the past.
The pain on my back when I have to move my amplifier or speakers.

This and much more makes me feel old.

4 Likes

Everytime I log in here! :rofl:

11 Likes

I had a Ferguson record player and AM/FM stereo system in my bedroom in the 80ā€™s - so many LPs skipped that I resorted to BluTak and a sixpence on the headshell - still gobsmacked that so many are still pretty playable on the LP12 though my current cartridge is poor for surface noise.

Leaning around the back of the system as you plug it all in, trying to remember how it all hooks up, hoping you donā€™t end up with a slipped disc or frozen shoulderā€¦

2 Likes

Our cat feeders are ā€œWifi connectedā€ to an App. The App still shows Mabs & Zebbyā€¦ā€¦both long gone over the rainbow bridge.

1 Like

Queuing at Sainsburyā€™s self checkout, looking up at the plasma screens, cursing at the lackadaisical individual fumbling with his Nectar card, only to realise itā€™s you.

2 Likes

Arthritis
Liver spots
Campbell de Morgan spots
Going to the toilet in the wee hours more and more often.
The fact that the children of my friends have grown up and become my friends too.

4 Likes

2 Likes