Things You've Never Done

It’s gonna take several volumes to clear up the mess, Kev. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Odd isn’t it. I was a fan of and own a raft of 35mm Nikons, never really did like Canon’s A-1, AE-1, F1 etc. Always felt uncomfortable in the hand to me and it’s only when I tried a Nikon FE I thought ‘Ah!’

And though they were oft regarded as the poor cousin, when I first looked through the viewfinder of a Minolta and saw this big, bright view in front of me which made Canon’s effort look silly, I never bothered with Canon for film photography again in the pre digital age.

I have since tried Canon’s T and EOS film cameras which were better but still feel inferior in use to Nikon’s comparative efforts in my own hands.

Otoh I much prefer Canon Digital SLR and now R mirrorless to Nikon. Though I haven’t had a proper go on a Nikon DSLR in about 5 years.

1 Like

I must admit Nikon has been caught napping and are lagging well behind Canons R&D and I have no interest whatsoever in either of their mirrorless cameras . I’ll stick with my D800 for now!:sunglasses:
Back on thread. Apologies, Kev.

Far more things than i can list here, and I guess far more things than I have done…

There could be two interesting sub threads: things you haven’t done that you would have liked to, and things you haven’t don that the majority of other people seem to have.

So a question for the OP: which is most of interest?

I seriously can’t think of anything I haven’t done that I wanted to. I regret I didn’t do as much of the things I have enjoyed, whilst younger and more capable, but then I guess I wouldn’t have had enough time to have earned the enabling tool of money, or enough time to try out the many things I have.
Life is too short and I have only realised that as I get older.
I need another life, or two, or ? :slight_smile:

I have never heard LInn amplification😵‍💫

I’ve pretty much done most things that we all do good and bad.
To be sure I’ve never not had fun. …. “A funny thing happened to me on the way to my funeral”

1 Like

Those indeed can be limiting factors. Other limiting factors can include choices one does make - sometimes one path shuts the door to another.

Had two, still have one (other stolen at San Francisco airport). neither had sticky mirror.

1 Like

Here’s one to provoke an outbreak of pearl-clutching:

I’ve never auditioned a pair of loudspeakers before buying them.

Mark

5 Likes

I drank alcohol about 320 days a year for the past 40 years.
I was a Chelsea season ticket holder for 6 years (Dennis Wise era).
I have been Sking and snowboarding about 40 times.
I have been to Central America (Baja California, Mexico, Guatamala, Belize, Jamaica in one trip).
I have had one night stands.
I have lived in about 30 places including West Hampstead, Chelsea, Battersea.
I have spent my entire life climbing mountains, including 100s in the UK, dozens in the Alps, 4 trips to the Himalaya, routes in Yosemite, etc.

I have never had a bucket list.

7 Likes

Ha ha so your normal. :star_struck:
Yes you have SL2 speakers of course you are💥

1 Like

But yours are better set up than mine.

(I know cause I watched your video!)

1 Like

I’ve never had children, so I can set my stereo up how I like.
I get to save the world from more plebs urinating in the street after a drunk night out with random Fancies.

3 Likes

I had a similar experience back in 1972 (IIRC) with an Olympus OM1. My then current camera was a Praktica, and looking through the viewfinder was a little like looking through a tiny, dark keyhole, or possibly What The Butler Saw. I went to a camera show in Edinburgh and tried Nikon, Canon, Pentax and various others, then tried the OM1. The difference was just amazing - whereas all the other ones gave small, dark views of what the camera was pointing at, putting the Olympus up to the eye gave you a view that was basically much like looking without the camera - large, bright, fantastic. And that in a small, light camera which was part of a very extensive system. Absolutely fantastic.

1 Like

Obviously you’ve never been very good at geography! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

SNAP!!!

I have a friend who has never followed football - he’s a Spurs fan

(I only mention it as this is @TheKevster’s thread)

6 Likes

I’ve never broken a bone.
…been able to read others minds.
…understood algebra and anything mathematical.
Perhaps linked, but saving money.
Never used a metal detector whilst out on a walk.
Driven a big tractor. Something I so wished to do as a young lad.
Mastered the banana kick with a football.
Looked good in a pair of Levi 501 jeans.
Broken the love spell from a white witch I once dated.

I admit, I was only a football fan for those 6 years.

A Brummie who never knew anything about football.

Yes, a football moron.

Wow, Toby, that last ones good.

Maybe you’ll get back together with her again now the cats out of the bag.

(I never used apostrophes properly, or failed to,exaggerate.)