Thinking of returning to Naim

The Nova is a great unit. An SN3 and NDX2 is quite a lift, but twice the price and can power supplies added and is a great low box system. Can’t go wrong with either really, just a matter of budget I think.

I use Dynaudio Special 40s, very good combination.

I’m not sure what Devialet you have but you need to be aiming (good as it is) above the Nova. I’m in the same position, not that i find anything wrong with my Devialet (apart from it’s becoming a magnet to grandchildren), but as a long term Naim owner, i can see myself returning to the fold eventually after a few years away from the brand. I nearly returned a couple of years back but still found the 220 Pro i have to be ahead of the 272/250 combo i compared it to. I’m waiting for the 272 replacement and will try again then. One thing to check is that you don’t have Dynamic Power Management enabled on the Dev - it kills the music. Otherwise, good luck with your Naim quest…

Like you James there’s nothing I can put my finger on re: Devialet sound, nothing really wrong just think long term not for me. I find their app a real pain, when it works it’s ok.
Funny I chose The Devialet 220 pro over the 272/250dr at the time.
I miss the Naim grunt TBH.
I really don’t want multi boxes though as per the Devialet.

Not much to add except that when I first bought a SuperUniti I connected it to my CD555 and SL2 speakers and the difference between this and 552/300 was not quite as much as my bank manager might have liked.

As @davidhendon has suggested an NDX2 into a SuperUniti certainly shouldn’t disappoint.

.sjb

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.