This forum on Android devices

I don’t know if this problem is because of an Android update or a forum software update but now if I try to reply to a post the on-screen keyboard will entirely cover the text box for replies so I can’t see what I’m typing in it. This is a recent change, it has worked well in the past. Anybody else on Android seeing the same? This is what it looks like:

I’ve tried this using both Chrome and Opera browsers and a selection of keyboards but it always does the same. Android 12 on a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra FWIW.

If you click on the 3 horizontal lines above the text box to the right it will compress the box and keep the bottom buttons visible above the keypad.

As a work-around you could try using the Discourse app (the Naim forum lives on the Discourse platform).

Nope, that doesn’t do anything on my phone.

I’ll check that out, thanks

I’ve had this for a while (Firefox), the trick is to scroll up, then suddenly the input box will pop up.

No good, that just opens the site in a browser. I tried the in-app browser too and same problem.

Firefox works even without scrolling. May just stick with FF as that’s my default desktop browser

1 Like

For clarity, im referring to the three lines to the right of Best Streaming Provider in your screenshot… not the three lines at the very top to the right of the search icon

They’re the ones I was tapping on

1 Like

Did you look for Discourse in the Google Play Store?

I agree - this recent change in behaviour on Android is maddening - effectively make it impossible to post via the phone! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Is this a change in Android or the forum software??

Yes I installed it from the Google Play Store

No problem here on Samsung A31 Android 12.

What browser is that?

Ah, it works OK using the Samsung browser…

No browser. Naim Community app.

There’s a Naim Community app? Where would I find such a thing? Can’t see it in the Play Store. Looks like it just launches a browser if your screenshot is anything to go by.

You’ve posted that you’re using a Galaxy S22 so you should have the Samsung browser?