Those pesky linking strips

Pmc fit rods on some, strips in others. I had assumed this was a production date thing. My 20.26s being the last of the last.
I do sometimes end up tinkering for the sake of it. Then reverting to what I had before with a new pile of left over bits to deal with!

I just took out the crossovers and hardwired them internally. The link plates were crap and I didn’t want a mess of wires from jumpers hanging out of the back of the speakers. Luckily my present speakers are single wired and the terminals are underneath the speaker. Good to see the latest PMCs seemed to have stopped this nonsense.

It is interesting that biwire/bi amping appears out of vogue now. 20 years ago it was a must have.
And newer speakers save you the trouble by just giving a single set of posts.

1 Like

20 years and quite a bit more - but a fad, yes (of course plugged by the hifi press because that’s the sort of thing they did). I never understood the concept at all, load of codswallop in my opinion. Quite a different matter from speakers that have multiple terminals to allow the option of active bi/tri amping, with the connectors ready, just needing taking the passive crossovers out

The Kudos Titan range of speakers have a removable external link to bypass the internal crossover if you want to use an active external crossover.

Just bare an extra 2" of your speaker cable and put through both terminals no cost and sounds much better.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.