Thoughts on Neat SX5I's

Haha, thanks for pointing out the error. Auto correct got me again!

Not withstanding the unique interaction between speakers and one’s own listening room- I can thoroughly recommend the SX1’s- I had an xs2 which was perfectly able to drive them, and they sound even better paired with my SN3.
Neat are a great company to deal with too

The original Motive 1 was an utter disaster in my room, with crazy amounts of uncontrollable bass. I know many really rate them, but it very much aligns with the point you make so well - the room / speaker interaction is so important and any potential speaker needs to be tried first.

2 Likes

Aren’t the Momentum an older model? I saw reviews dates back to 2008. Thanks

You are correct, the Momentum line is “older” and has been discontinued. In this case the were a demo set so “new/old stock”.

My listening room is >200 years old, stone walls that are 20” thick, with a solid concrete floor.
They work well here and are not the “bass monsters” that others have found in their own listening rooms.
Emphasises the need for home demo wherever possible

They need to be placed quite far away from boundaries as one of the shortcoming of many ported speakers, even its buttom ported.
Momentums are rear ported with isobaric bas in buttom.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.