Thunderstorms

Depending on where you are, watch out guys!
enjoy/ken

1 Like

See how things are developing here:
=> www.lightningmaps.org

All quiet in the UK at the moment…

2 Likes

There is an active storm cell over Normandy - Caen to Le Harve. Its on the trailing edge of a larger broader heavy rain storm thats about to land on the south coast in a line from Dorset to Kent. If the lightning cell doesn’t fizzle out over the channel its heading NNE & lined up for East Sussex/Kent & the east side of London.

I was dashing around at 3.30am unplugging various items. Just lamenting the other day that we never get thunderstorms these days and we’ve had two in the space of a week over south-east Kent. More power igor!

1 Like

same here — unplugged all around same time!

1 Like

I unplugged before I went to bed seeing what was happening over Normandy but all we got was a little drizzle, hope you enjoyed the show in Kent.

Just had a flash here and the music’s gone off…feck.

Switched it all off and I guess I just have to wait it out.

G

Looks like it’s quite bad up North!

1 Like

Yikes! We’re over the white hot area! Terrified somethings blown but don’t want to switch back on yet…

G

White means most recent (last 20 minutes) and red means oldest, so you shouldn’t can see which direction it’s headed.

Risked it back on to test and all OK. Phew.

Back off until warning ends after 10:00pm.

Thanks for the tips.

G

1 Like

Glad I turned it all off - we’re white hot once more!

G

Another 2 day lightning warning here. Tracker showing a cracker over southern Italy just now, nothing here yet, but it’s close…too close.

G

Did you ever catch a lightning strike on photo, Graeme?

No I haven’t.

G

Ouch…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.