TIDAL 90 Day Free Trial?

I am considering a TIDAL subscription.
My Naim equipment tells me “Start Free 90 Day Trial”.
However, when I click on the link, it takes me to a “30 Day Free Trial” page. Is this an error on Naim’s part or the wrong link?
Also, if I subscribe using my Naim Uniti Atom, can I delete that device so that I can use it on my NDX2 at a future date?
On-line, there seems to be conflicting views on how many devices can be registered against a single user - some say 3 “offline devices” and some say 5.
In an ideal world, I’d like it on my NDX2, my mobile (so I can airplay it to speakers and other systems), my SuperUniti in a second home and all being well, my Australian mobile too.
I would only use one device at a time but believe there is a limit to the number allowed, hence my question.
Any TIDAL experts out there?

It probably says " subject to change" in terms and conditions…and may well be only 30days now…

I’d be surprised if you had any problems with that number of devices. I use Tidal on 2 Naim streamers, either natively or via Roon, at home. You certainly wouldn’t have to delete it on one streamer in order to use it on another. I also have it on a laptop and two portable devices, one of which I occasionally use on a non-Naim streamer which also has native Tidal in someone else’s house.

1 Like

I have a vague recollection of someone else posting about this - and that a quick request to either Tidal or Naim support (I can’t remember which) resolved it.

1 Like

If you have previously tried a 90 day trial it can default you to a 30 day trial next time. To get round this you have to use another email address.

Thank you all for your responses.
I haven’t ever tried Tidal before.
Thanks for the reassurance that I can use it on multiple devices, albeit not all at once.
Oddly, having searched the Naim FAQ, I just tried again, using the Naim app again, same as a couple of hours ago.
I didn’t do anything differently, it just took me to a different page when I clicked on “Sign up” (or whatever it said). This different page had a “discount code” displayed and when I clicked on that, it took me to the 90 day trial page and all is now good.
I should add that the post on the same subject a week or so ago suggested that there was a known subscription problem, where it was only showing 30 days and that the problem had been corrected and should now work.
It seems I suffered an odd glitch.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, I’ve just had Tidal playing four different 16/44 streams simultaneously to my NDX, Atom, Mac and iPhone. Worked fine.

1 Like

Had similar problems but an email to Tidal eventually sorted everything out.

1 Like

I wonder if there will be a 90 day free trial with Qobuz when the app integration update becomes available.

1 Like

After few letters to Tidal and Naim Support I finally get my 90 day free Trial.
This is Naim Support instructions: “There is sometimes a conflict if you already have a Tidal account. You will need to be a freshly registered Tidal account holder to receive the 90 day free trial.”.
Thank you Rosanna!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.