Tidal Connect

The Cost and extra hardware puts me off. I long since realised that many here have much deeper pockets than I.

1 Like

Summer is here…:sunglasses: any update on Tdal Connect? When can we expect it?

See Clare’s update here from a few weeks back;

It’s out with our beta-test group right now. As noted, once we get feedback from that, we can move onto public launch. Will continue to keep everyone updated.

5 Likes

hey clare, any news on the status of the feature in beta & are you looking for any more android-based beta testers? as an aside, how long do new features usually last in a beta?

We’re onto the 2nd beta of the release right now, and all is going well. Should have some good news to share in coming weeks.

There’s no set time for these things - every beta test (as you’d expect) brings up issues that have to be solved before we can move on (to another beta then release software).

It seems some other early adopters of TIDAL Connect (ie other manufacturers) are having issues with their implementations - we’d rather iron out as many problems as possible BEFORE we release, not afterward.

If you email beta@naimaudio.com, they can let you know if they need any more Android testers.

1 Like

good to know, i didn’t realise others were having troubles! have emailed that contact a couple months back and they said they’re full, so I expect no changes there.

No harm in trying again, just in case someone else has dropped out.

1 Like

Understand taking time to make sure that issues are resolved.
This does seem like taking a long time to deliver.

2 Likes

I cant wait until Tidal Connect is released for Uniti series. Actually at the moment it is a deal breaker as I wont move to Qobuz (not enough Polish music) and Tidal is my main source. I had Atom borrowed from local dealer for the weekend. Great piece of kit. The minute it is TC is officially announced and firmware update is available I am getting Atom. Hopefully soon.

You can use Tidal via the Naim App so you could order an Atom - there may be a long wait just for the Atom…

Current Atom leadtime is 8 weeks for new orders (obviously some dealers may have ordered some time ago and have/be getting some in stock). And yes, it’s all ready to play TIDAL now - only waiting for TIDAL Connect (which is getting VERY close).

1 Like

Just two add my two cents, Naim app is fine but the Tidal search suggestions are just awful. Main reason that I cannot wait for TC.

1 Like

Hi @ChilledBeams, we’re reviewing our global search for a future app release. What are your TIDAL search issues/frustrations?
Thanks, Tom

Yeah, I used it for few days yet is not the same experience when you want to explore some music and the is no access to My Mix unless you save My Mix as a separate playlist. The app is just more user friendly.

1 Like

Thats great news. Hopefully it will be official soon. It is a selling point for me.

Tidal in Naim app should return identical search results as native Tidal. In my experiance the results in the Naim app are not what you normally expect, i.e. if you type Phil C in native Tidal app the top result will be Phil Collins (as expected) but in Naim app it’s like 10 result in the artist section. Track names are even worse in that regard…

1 Like

Yes - this needs attention and was recently discussed in the Beta forum. There are some oddities and use cases that make this a little less straightforward than one might imagine but that’s our problem. Can’t give any timescales but we’ll address this.
Thanks, Tom

2 Likes

another thing to bring to attention aside from the searches @ChilledBeams discussed, is that there is no info about featured artists on tracks? This looks to come from Tidal’s API already but isn’t shown in the Naim app frontend. Happy to provide an example URL / response you can view it at.

I’ve been enjoying Tidal connect on my Volumio / raspberry pi,

seems to work fine, and volumio got tidal connect certified in rather impressive timeframe?