Tidal Connect

Apart from iRadio, UPnP, USB, Bluetooth, Chromecast

And many more.. 😉
1 Like

That might come as a relief to Naim.

Just as I settled down to enjoy Tidal Connect I moved on to Qobuz. The issue starts all over again. Qobuz Connect anyone?

Incidentally, whose kit does allow for Qobuz Connect?

No such thing exists.

What’s the issue you’re having? For example, if you are on BT, they have a firmware bug affecting range of products (inc Naim)

1 Like

Indeed, but this can all be done now through the Tidal app and Chromecast can’t it?

yep, but chromecast doesn’t support hi-res (the level below MQA) and doesn’t have gapless playback, so listening to an album the way it’s meant to be heard, with flowing melodies between tracks, isn’t currently possible.

1 Like

@Naim.Marketing any more updates on an ETA for Tidal Connect? and what counts as summertime!!

I reached out to the beta team 3 months ago via Steve and they were full back then but took my details, unfortunately they’re apparently still full now…

Have started building my own front end web player to integrate Tidal and Naim together - I wonder if I’ll beat TC to finish :eyes:

Well it’s lashing with rain and even hail here in Salisbury, so summer feels a long time away…

TIDAL Connect and other developments all on track for our next firmware release. Should be going into beta very soon. Depending on how that process goes will determine the release date!

4 Likes

Jeepers @jstewart01 have you got a wager on the delivery date or something

ha, nope! just a bit disappointing to see competitors releasing software updates and entirely new devices running Tidal Connect, in the 7 months since an image on this thread first appeared with Tidal Connect successfully running on an Atom. being someone who exclusively uses streaming to listen to music, the update will greatly enhance the use of my own Atom.

I’m looking forward to being able to play Tidal Connect through my Atom. Have been using it on my Bluesound Node 2i & recently Volumio added it. I much prefer the native app to the various integrations.

1 Like

I enjoyed using Tidal Connect through my Node 2i, it was one of my reasons for buying the Node 2i.

Now that I have switched to Qobuz i am back on the BluOs app which is ok but not as nice as the native apps.

1 Like

Try out Roon. Great UI/UX.

The Cost and extra hardware puts me off. I long since realised that many here have much deeper pockets than I.

1 Like

Summer is here…:sunglasses: any update on Tdal Connect? When can we expect it?

See Clare’s update here from a few weeks back;

It’s out with our beta-test group right now. As noted, once we get feedback from that, we can move onto public launch. Will continue to keep everyone updated.

5 Likes

hey clare, any news on the status of the feature in beta & are you looking for any more android-based beta testers? as an aside, how long do new features usually last in a beta?

We’re onto the 2nd beta of the release right now, and all is going well. Should have some good news to share in coming weeks.

There’s no set time for these things - every beta test (as you’d expect) brings up issues that have to be solved before we can move on (to another beta then release software).

It seems some other early adopters of TIDAL Connect (ie other manufacturers) are having issues with their implementations - we’d rather iron out as many problems as possible BEFORE we release, not afterward.

If you email beta@naimaudio.com, they can let you know if they need any more Android testers.

1 Like

good to know, i didn’t realise others were having troubles! have emailed that contact a couple months back and they said they’re full, so I expect no changes there.

No harm in trying again, just in case someone else has dropped out.

1 Like