Tidal drop outs with

And without any further intervention suddenlyTidal is back.

How long with no issues?

I do not know if anyone has already tried … But to me with the ND5 xs2 this problem does not happen. Yesterday only a 30 second blackout but I was playing to keep the songs going too fast. It does not happen to me during normal listening

This problem is with Tidal on the old generation Naim streamers, so your new ND5XS2 should be OK.

Ha! That’s what I must get…….some shagpile!

1 Like

FYI, In New Zealand. 3 week old mu-so, trialling Tidal and still getting frequent drop outs tonight 22:55 NZT. These began for me around 3-4 days ago. Ethernet connected, single non-routed layer 2 network(i.e. zero/negligible latency to the edge), no problems streaming any other traffic including HD video. Appreciate any updates from others.

Hi, SteveNZ. I live in Western Canada and I’ve had dropouts for the entire 9 months I’ve owned my Muso. However, they’ve been particularly numerous (and random) during the past 2-3 weeks. I’ve talked to a Naim support guy in the UK which was of no help and sent an email to Tidal Support 2 days ago and they are currently working on a fix for the problem.
I suggest the more people who contact Naim Support and Tidal Support and let them know first-hand the problem their encountering with dropouts, there might be a greater chance we’ll get this resolved sooner rather than later.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know if the dropout issue is occurring to Tidal subscribers on both Premium and HiFi or just to those of us on HiFi.

FWIW, I live in Seattle, WA and subscribe to TIDAL HI-FI and have rarely experienced any dropouts for the past several months.

My ND5XS updated and still dropouts with Tidal. I’m depressed…

In the UK. MuSo Qb. Have had occasional dropouts with tidal since buying the Qb in Dec. Got worse the week before the latest firmware update, but has been better since. Still get the occasional stopping playing for no obvious reason.

Hi I’m writing from Denmark.

I still have problems with Tidal on my N-272 after Software update to 4.7 from 4.4.

Quality Hi-Fi drops out after 30 to 90 secs. Shifting to quality High fixes the Dropout, but that not a solution. L. Dropout is on FLAC files

I’m running on wired connections , and can play DSD64 from Synology NAS without problems.

ESP quality > 200 Mb

So I’m waiting for a solution from Naim.

I updated my ND5 XS to firmware 4.7. Still getting Tidal dropouts. It has been really bad the last 2 weeks. Before that, it was solid, even with firmware 4.4.

I am using an ethernet cable into the ND5 XS (no wifi).

I had a couple of droputs a few days ago, but none since then.

Tried again tonight after a weeks break. Tidal is unusable on my Uniti2, drops after about 2 minutes.

1 Like

Did you drop the quality of stream and try? I just signed up for Spotify again. I always liked using it better than Tidal but I do like the quality of Tidal. At least it plays with no drop outs for now.

1 Like

Like Mike_S, I went a few days without using Tidal and then returned to it. There is absolutely no improvement to the dropout issue. I’ve telephoned Naim in the UK with no resolution. I’ve emailed Tidal Support and all I’ve received so far is ‘assurances’ that “we’re working on this problem”.
My Naim Muso (using Tidal streaming) can go an hour or more without a drop and then the next time I use it, it will drop every song after 10 - 30 seconds. After 10 songs of this, I usually swear (which results in no improvement), turn it off, and fume in silence.
Might I recommend everyone who is experiencing the dropout problem, email Tidal Support and phone the Naim UK Support desk. It might get a resolution to our problem sooner than if we are all just posting on this forum.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. On Tidal it’s now dropping out the whole time and the BBC stations.

Regards,

Lindsay

I got the same assurances as you when I emailed Naim. Also has a coincedental post from Naim about a firnware update that seemed to imply a resolution. Unfortunately said firmware had nothing to do with issues reported in said thread on forum. Nothing more from Naim since. Maybe it’s not all them and Tidal is the problem. If that’s the case I can just move on from Tidal. If it’s Naim’s issue then I have a much larger “investment” that I need to address. Vinyl looks better everyday.

1 Like

Well I’m sure streaming from your own collection on a NAS or Core is fine. But otherwise CD or vinyl has a lot going for it.

Regards,

Lindsay

2 Likes