Tidal Max not working

Finally Tidal Max arrived for the iPad app here in Germany, but i still don‘t see any other format than 16bit/44.1kHz via Tidal Connect.

Maybe there has to something to be done by Naim.

You sure it supports it already they have not released a new api to access the streams so how can they. They use same api as everyone else and no 3rd parties have it yet.

Yes, the problem is the small buffer.

They will be MQA no way they have access to it yet. Api users connect to different servers and url than the apps own streams which won’t be there yet.

It supports passing them through unaltered if that’s what it is. So yes it doesn’t decode but you just getting undecoded stream at 44.1/24.

You’re just plain wrong. It will pass it through for a dac to decode and render. It’s on their forum. It just doesn’t do it itself so they don’t have to pay license fees. No api user has access currently if you think a free bit of software is going to get it over every other vendor or even their own connect you are mistaken. MQA masters can be 441.1 /24 or 48/24 and that’s how you will get them.

If you don’t have an MQA dac it just plays as what it is no unfolding. Doesn’t matter if it supports it or not, their platform just treats it like any others that don’t as a standard flac file. MQA is fully backwards compatible with any dac you just don’t get any decoding or rendering. You just don’t get it higher than 44.1/24 or or 48/24. It has the option to connect to an external dac for this purpose including the Primo.

I had an email from Tidal today saying that Max announcing Max and saying that is not yet available on Tidal Connec (UK)t:

• HiRes FLAC is only available on iOS, Android, Web, and Desktop. TIDAL Connect and Sonos support are coming later this year. Due to how Android releases are rolled out, it may take up to 12h for you to see these updates in the app.“

Blockquote

1 Like

Apparently here in the US Tidal announced there’s a new app update offering six million songs in [hi-res FLAC].
I can’t verify since I switched to Qobuz after buying my ND5XS2 in January but I will definitely be switching back to Tidal when Naim updates their firmware/software to play hi-res via Tidal Connect…:+1:

I haven’t used Roon in a while. Will Roon allow us to play Tidal Flac (Max) to our Naim Streamers?

Eventually, when tidal have fully published their changes, and all the software companies have made the necessary changes; that will then work with the Naim gen 2 streamers ie the ones classified as “roon ready”.

Does that mean that up to 24-bit / 192kHz Hi Res FLAC files will be available through Tidal using the Naim app but not by using Tidal Connect?

1 Like

Here is what I am seeing. Note I have my device setup for No MQA support
edit: this is on Roon

I guess Naim will have to update their app to support the Tidal FLAC service I don’t think it will work until then.

1 Like

Not until Tidal release it to 3rd parties and Naim update their software to use it.

1 Like

Hi all, I read tidal max for the time being will be available only for iOS and android, apps and tidal connect still have to wait.
If I connect my iPad via usb cable to my NDS will it play flac hires properly?
I hope naim will update also first gen streamers as there is quite a group of us…

I got excited when I got the email and thought I might be able to exploit the 192k capacity for once on my Uniti2 - I’m thinking now maybe I won’t hold my breath for that!

As discussed earlier in this thread, 1st gen streamers won’t get 24 bit Tidal. Use a proxy server and you’ll get both Tidal 24 bit as it becomes available and Qobuz.

No it won’t as playback from the old iPod connection is limited to 44.1. The NDS is not a USB dac.

Thanks, iPad is new, air 5 with m1 chipset. Would that work?