Tidal Max

If you have a Uniti or streamer update your firmware now for that.

2 Likes

That is a new Uniti or streamer but not a legacy Uniti or streamer of course.

This is true :grin:

I have the new NSC222
I do not see it there

NC update is coming later, prob next week.

Update for New Classic coming next week:

1 Like

…which we also don’t see in your profile…time for an update perhaps; as op?

Profile us updated

I’m confused! Since Tidal Max some albums appear like these

But when I click to play a high res album it only plays a sample of each track. Do I have to upgrade my account? How?

The ones marked HiRes there are on Qobuz?

1 Like

I noticed the same thing in the app. Qobuz displays which albums are in Hi-Res like in Lindsay’s picture, but Tidal does not.
You have to actually play the albums in Tidal, then check if they are in Hi-Res. I hope the app is updated to eventually display the Hi-res versions like Qobuz does.
Another thing. If you click on an album and it says “NDX 2 cannot play this album” or something similar, it is because you have selected a Dolby Atmos version of an album. Again Tidal in the Naim app does not display which albums are in Dolby Atmos.

@DanielH @hsheffer1954 thanks guys!

1 Like

If you are lucky some of them are identified with text (192khz…)
But not many. :frowning:

1 Like

Check that you are still logged in to your Tidal account in the Naim app

Hello,
I have the NSS 333 - and the update for 5.2 was now available (and is installed).
Unfortunately I do not have an TIDAL account, so I cannot check, if HIRes is now available.

I have NSC 222. Tidal HiRes is now available :+1:

Is there any information about the implementation on older generation? NDX, NDX 2, ND5 XS, ND5 XS2, Uniti, UnitiQute Super Uniti?

NDX2 and ND5 XS2 already have it.

Apart from the others listed above, NDS, NAC-N 272 and NAC-N 172 XS also won’t get it.

1 Like

Edited to reflect HH removing his post.
To expand on the post above mine, as far as we know the green screen boxes don’t have the buffering capability to handle Internet delivered hi-res streams, so as David said the NDX2 and ND5XS2 have been updated, and the others in the list won’t be updated for Tidal Max.
However we also believe that Naim are planning to move them to the new Internet radio interface, I haven’t seen a timeframe for that.

1 Like

I didn’t get my reply quite right, so removed it. The simplest way to think of it is that the green screen players won’t get Tidal Max.