Tidal software update

The filename for me is what I wrote

The actual exact size for me is 37.9 MB (37,938,552 bytes). As yours is 37050Kb, yours is missing a few KB and did not download completely.

This is your problem:

Many thanks Suedkiez, I didn’t know that - which was probably pretty obvious.

I don’t have Chrome on my PCs, and what’s more I refuse to have it.

Does this mean I can’t download 4.8 ?

Which browser do you use, Microsoft Edge? It’s essentially Chrome behind the user interface, so most likely it uses the same temporary file extension for unfinished downloads.

You can download it with any web browser. You just have to ensure that it downloads completely.

Actually the browser should show the completion percentage in the downloads menu / progress indicator.
The precise details of how this looks, and how temporary, uncompleted download files are handled, depends on the browser.

As mentioned above, a name like “Unconfirmed 107505.crdownload” means that the file has not fully downloaded yet. Whilst people may not be using “Chrome”, parts of Chrome are also used in Firefox and other browsers (or at least they used to be :-)). I’ve downloaded files and assumed they were finished downloading (e.g. the browser said it had downloaded 30 meg of 30 meg etc), but seen such a file name for up to a minute in my downloads folder. Only when the browser said “Download Completed” did the name change.

Using my W10 laptop, I have again tried the Naim web address download with the same 37050Kb sized ‘crdownload’ result and the same comment that the “.exe file isn’t commonly downloaded. Make sure you trust . . . etc etc” and no download completed confirmation.

Then, prompted by the Chrome comments and unusually for me, I had a brainwave. I used IE instead of Edge.
Result - a downloaded file with the full .exe name as expected, without the ‘crdownload’ comment, but with same 37050Kb size.

Just to be sure my W7 desktop IE duplicated the 37050Kb W10 laptop IE result.

It seems my next issue is accessing the rear of my streamer in the shelving to connect the update wiring.

Seems like Chrome is providing some sort of protection from .exe files. There’s probably an option to turn this off but you are now sorted anyway :+1:

Success. Update achieved.

3 Likes

Congrats! I hope all stays fine and you can enjoy now

Indeed. Now I can listen to something I don’t want to listen to !?!?!?

Seriously, many thanks to all of you for your comments. I don’t listen to Tidal just now but who knows what tomorrow brings.

Disabling Tidal on your Naim streamer has no affect on internet security.

1 Like

Unless and until the internet gets rid of cookies, the internet will never be secure.

For somebody who had difficulties downloading a file through a browser this is a bold statement. :flushed:
And if course cookies are only used on the web, the internet is something else.

Indeed. Me wrong again !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.