TIDAL stops playing before playlist ends

Tidal is stopping here too. Both playlists and albums.

What are the chances a SECOND factory reset might help some of my issues. I still have 2 issues present after the first reset (which did fix my connectivity to app issues). Current issues, streaming stopping within a given time from TIDAL, and tracks repeating on playlists using 3rd party apps.

Are double factory resets a thing? or would there be no point if I already did one?

Does it stop mid-track, or does it stop after one track and fail to start the next?
What (normally) happens to playback if it reaches a track in a playlist thatā€™s no longer available? Does it skip it, or would this stop the whole thing?
Does the same playlist stop at the same point each time?

That is actually a very good question, as I have been wondering myself how the Naim app handles tracks that are no longer there. However, I did test this on a playlist in which all tracks were still on the platform, and it too stopped early. It doesnā€™t stop at the same point each time as it stops anywhere from 1.5 - 2 hours in even on the same playlist, and it stops at the end of a track and fails to move to the next. I have never caught it stopping mid track.

I set off to test the problem on the new platform. It failed after an hour or so this morning but that seems to have been because Tidal had a meltdown. Iā€™ve since had a playlist going for 6 hours. Iā€™m sure this doesnā€™t help much but itā€™s not across the whole spectrum of variants in the Naim universe. Whether it is all older platforms or just you is the next question.

1 Like

I have opened a ticket with naim support, which will hopefully answer that question, but thatā€™s only if I ever hear back from them, I heard that can take weeks.

1 Like

Hi Adam can you not take your 272 to your dealer and have him test it for you?
Also getting your dealer involved might get a fast reply for your ticket.

1 Like

Unfortunately the only local dealer for Naim has been closed for months, and now due to the protests, more months to follow as they cannot even get into work. I had to buy online. I donā€™t really have any dealer support.
It would be interesting to know if other 272s behave the same way though, if so, I am guessing it is just age showing its limitations within the streaming software. (and tbh, I am tending to lean towards thinking this is the cause, though this unit wonā€™t work with bubbleUPnP either). I have honestly given up on trying to make it work, at this point I will just wait for Naim support to confirm weather this is just how the 272 behaves now.
As it works perfectly with flacs on my local network and internet radio, I have decided to buy a Roon compatible streaming transport which I will feed digitally into the 272. I figure my system can use more flexibility in the areas of streaming anyways.

Iā€™m using a 272 / 555dr at home but Iā€™m using the Naim app
No issues at all
Iā€™ll see if I can get a none Apple device and try Bubble

Bubble support confirmed the issue is within the Naim unit itself. Not the app or device running the app. They said the Naim unit is forcing bubble to repeat one track over and over and wonā€™t allow it advance to the next track. I had to send them a log, in which they pulled this information. Surely not related to the issues I am having with TIDAL as well.

Yes I understand that but it might be a issue with the streaming board inside your 272

1 Like

I hope not. I will add that after doing a factory reset, Bubble did work, until I streamed TIDAL through the naim app. Once I had done that, Bubble never worked again. This happened twice.

Iā€™m starting to think - for me at least - Tidal maybe the issue. Iā€™ve been trying to use the Tidal app on its own at work as Iā€™m back in the office a couple of days a week - absolutely shocking performance in picking up tracks and playing.

Yeah TIDAL support completely stopped responding to me after a while insisting its Naimā€™s issue. Not surprising there, but hey, at least they reply? More than I can say for Naim. But, I still only have issues on my 272, works great everywhere else. So for me, I do think it is a Naim problem. I will know for sure soon enough as I have decided to make a few changes to my set up.

If the problem arose after the Firmware 4.8 update, it is logical to assume that the problem is in the new firmware. Is it possible to return to the firmware 4.7?

It is, but Tidalā€™s new login process requires 4.8

2 Likes

Yeah TIDAL doesnā€™t play at all with the previous firmware version. I was also warned against going backwards as it can brick the unit.

My dealer told me that several complaints were reported to them after the 4.8 update. This counts for the 272 at least. Some issues are still present.
I have conducted all possible measures as far as I have been told such as a factory reset, reset of the router, re-installation of the Tidal connected app, new password, rebooting my smartphone ans so on. Still the 272 just stops playing, disconnecting with the network not to be found by the app anymore. It is very dissapointingā€¦

Glad to know I am not alone in this at least!

Same issues here too. NDS 4.8. Latest IOS update on my ipad.
Playlists stops. This morning album stopped after 5 tracks.
Hope Naim can fix this or is my NDS too old already? :roll_eyes: