Time for a change?

Easy there Michael. Do stay around for a long time. We’d miss you.

Best regards, BF

2 Likes

Hi Peter
Have you installed a special set of earth rods? Please can you explain.

I certainly was impressed by the MusicWorks Ultra G3 with sparkly bottom. Then came the G4 and I can’t imagine the Chord are cheap!

Phil

:hushed: wow. Very sorry to hear that Mike, but it’s a comfort that you’re feeling somewhat better now. Take it easy please! No more Marathons or suchlike !
More music listening instead perhaps…:smiley:

We moved a year ago this July, so it’s all been a bit frantic and a full time job stage managing another renovation in Somerset in a Village near Frome in the Mendips.
The music room is finally up and running and sounding pretty good (I posted in the show us your room thread recently), but I was a long time with Vinyl only and without streaming. It was easier that way with a succession of temporary and makeshift, unwired listening rooms and have become addicted again to the sound of an LP12/Aro.
Now that I have the ND555 up and running again, it’s been struggling to get playing time. I think the HiLine might help, TBC. Thanks again for the steer.

Wishing you all the best and hope to maybe see you sometime- I’m still back and forth occasionally to East Sussex.
Cheers,
Kevin

Good to hear all is coming together Kevin. You must be a dab hand at restorations! So you are not that far from where you used to be, is that right? Lovely area of the country.

The Aro is magical - no doubt about it.

I’m still amazed at the difference the Innuos stuff makes to the ND555.

I’ve been very lucky with this little health scare - and still running I’m afraid to say. I actually feel better after it than I did before… apart from the lingering pain, but that, too, is on its way. Will be seeing the cardios on Wednesday, so let’s see what they have to say. They were quite relaxed about it in A&E.

Definitely give us a shout the next time you are down this way.

Mike

Peter?? I though PB was another Nigel??

1 Like

If you’ve got a few hours to waste Phil :popcorn:

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear you have had another health episode Michael, I wish you a speedy recovery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nope, although I do believe an earth rod could help as there is an old electric supply and we are in the middle of nowhere.

I have been playing with the Chord Ground Arrays and in my case, they have cleaned up the sound. There was a lot of nasty’s when we first moved in. The sound was all over the place.

Was there ever an outcome to this thread, I had a brief look and there was a load of ****** on there but no real conclussion.

I think try it for yourself - as you’ve done. Same really for similar threads on cables, switches, mains blocks etc…

Earth rod well worth trying. Made a big difference to my old place in the middle of nowhere (AKA centre of the world) in Italy.

Or even better, try it with the wife who has no expectations and preconceptions and who will just give you an honest opinion :grinning:

3 Likes

You’ll be blind testing next ! :wink:

1 Like

That’s a heck of a frightener Mike. Take care and best wishes for a successful recovery.

Peter

1 Like

Blimey @Michaelb!

I hope you don’t have a repeat of your health scare and I wish you a full and swift recovery.

I know the feeling as I had a minor stroke last month. No real damage, and am now on a more powerful anticoagulant.

Take it easy.

2 Likes

Jesus, we’re not getting any younger are we? I hope you recover quickly Nigel.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Nigel…….you have been going through a lot, take care and speedy recovery.
:heart:

1 Like

Indeed, I think Naim need some new (younger) customers!

Cheers Gazza, I’m OK.

3 Likes

Its like the housing market the youngsters cannot afford Naim or are not interested, we are the last of the multi box setups…

1 Like